We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rv trip planning

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Level Contributor
42 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
rv trip planning

Looking for advice on a 2 week trip in an RV with the wife. Here's where I am now... Fly into Billings, Butte (or somewhere else?) and pickup RV. Go up to Glacier NP, (would love to go to Coer D'Alene), then down to Craters of the Moon, to Yellowstone, Jackson WY, over to Mount Rushmore, up to Teddy Roosevelt NP, then back to where we started..

Questions: How crazy am I being to do this in 2 weeks? We rented a 31' RV from Great Alaska Holidays which was a GREAT experience. Can't find a similar place in Montana, any suggestions?

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,633 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: rv trip planning

Pierce RV in Billings rents motorhomes. My brother has rented travel trailers from them every year for an annual lake trip he takes and has always been satisfied with them. I see a lot of their rentals in Yellowstone Park. Their website is:

http://piercervrentals.com/

Billings would make sense as an airport to fly in to start your loop. There is I believe a Cruise America franchise in Bozeman, MT which is a airport that a lot of people fly into too. If the franchise isn't listed under Bozeman it might be listed under Belgrade. Bozeman's airport (Gallatin Field) is located between Bozeman and Belgrade.

I do not have any direct experience with the loop that you are planning but I would think that it would be a lot of driving especially in a motorhome. Hopefully, someone with direct experience will chime in. You might also want to post your question in the Road Trip forum.

Deb

2. Re: rv trip planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 11:16