We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Big Horn

Hobart, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Little Big Horn

We're Aussies touring the USA (history buffs as well)

We wish to know, can we access the battlefield from the I90? Also can we get to Major Reno's battle at the river (south) and the heights he retreated to?

Billings MT
Level Contributor
72 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Big Horn

Yes, you can access the battlefield from I-90. There is an exit off I-90 and the battlefield is just a short drive. You can see it from the freeway. Once you are at the battlefield, there is a road you can drive that will take you to Last Stand Hill and the Reno-Benteen Battlefield. There are maps and signs along the road that show you where the various parts of the battle took place. You can view the river area from the road, but I'm not sure if you are able to actually walk to the river area of the battle. There is a Deep Ravine trail that you can walk. Here is the National Park Service website for the battlefield: http://www.nps.gov/libi/index.htm

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
506 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Big Horn

Very easy to get to easy to follow signs from the I-90 we were there last October and really enjoyed our visit there .

The Visitors centre had excellent books I ended up getting 3 .

3. Re: Little Big Horn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 21:15