We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

Arkansas
6 posts
Save Topic
Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

Our family will be staying in Bozeman in late June through the 1st week of July. Can anyone recommend a horse back riding outfitter that is good in Bozeman or surrounding area? Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

My kids have done horseback riding in YNP for a day and near Cody for a day when we visit YNP and GT. We enjoy the scenery and wildlife and then throw in a day or two of riding along with raft trips, etc. Are you planning just a ranch vacation? If you've never been to YNP or GT then take in the scenery and wildlife also. Cody has a great rodeo. Are you a big BAMA fan? One of my son's friends plays for BAMA. We are big UGA fans!!! GO DAWGS!! (Was in YNP and GT last year and going back again this year.)

Arkansas
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

Hey...thanks for the reply! This is my 1st try at a forum...its fun! Yes..we are BIG bama fans! Moved to Arkansas 4 years ago with my husbands job, but Bama is home to us! Our hotel will be in Bozeman, but visiting Yellowstone and Grand Tetons for a few days. We do have a rafting trip planned through Montana Whitewater. We are very excited about this trip. the only downfall...we are driving!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

Do you realize that it will take you at least 1-2 hours just to get to YNP entrance in either West Yellowstone or Gardiner. It is 4 hours to GT and Jackson Hole. I might stay part of the time at the ranch but would spend the remainder in YNP or at West Yellowstone or Gardiner. The drive through the park will take time because crowds are heavier from mid-June until Labor Day.

Arkansas
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

We are staying in Bozeman bacause my husband has free hotel points that will allow us to get 6 free nights. So I guess you could say that our hotel is free! I do wish that we were closer, but we have rafting, and horseback riding planned just outside Bozeman. Are you excited about your trip? We will be at Mt. Rushmore on the 4th of July! Very exciting!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,444 posts
446 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

We are excited! It is our second year to YNP and GT. We went to Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, YNP and GT last year. This year we are going the last of May for 11 days. We are flying into Denver and driving to Keystone, SD to see Mt. Rushmore, Custer State Park and Crazy Horse. We are then going to Deadwood, Spearfish Canyon and Devil's Monument. After that we are heading to the Battle of Little Bighorn, then to Gardiner, Mt and tour the grand loop of Yellowstone(Mammoth, Old Faithful, Canyon and Tower areas). We will travel out the NE entrance on part of the Beartooth Hwy to Cooke City and Cody. In Cody we are visiting the museums and going to the rodeo. We will then travel the east entrance into Yellowstone, through the Grand Tetons to Jackson Hole. We will stay there a couple of days then head to Casper, Cheyenne and back to Denver to fly home. We are flying because I got great rates for airfare ($250 per person roundtrip). I hope you have a great trip. If you need advice about the park there is a great book called Yellowstone Treasures.

Arkansas
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

Hey,

We tried to get airfare that was reasonable, but everything was really high. Thats when we decided to drive. It sounds like you got a great deal on airline tickets!

7. Re: Horse back riding in Bozeman, Mt.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 03:16