We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Howlers Inn: Extensive Followup Advised

Forestville...
Destination Expert
for Sonoma
Level Contributor
4,840 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Howlers Inn: Extensive Followup Advised

In May I contacted Howlers Inn to reserve a room for 2 nites during Sept. 2009. I was advised of their policy of not booking more than 10 mo. in advance--quite understandable. In an e-mail I was told that there should be no problem reserving the specified room and that my request had been put on file and I would be contacted when the booking window opened. I re-contacted them today (within the 10 mo. window) and to my dismay was told that they not only didn’t note my request, but had booked the room for other visitors. They did have another smaller room with less amenities that was available so I went ahead and reserved that one. Now I didn’t really expect the Inn to offer a price adjustment to compensate for the error--and they did not. I’m sure that their funds are directed towards the wolf sanctuary. However, considering the circumstances, I was surprised that nothing except a “very sorry” was extended. I do not want to dissuade visitors from staying at Howlers Inn as it's an incredible experience--but just be sure you are exceedingly diligent in your followup when booking a room.

1. Re: Booking Howlers Inn: Extensive Followup Advised

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 17:22