We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Bozeman

Which Bozeman hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malua Bay, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Living in Bozeman

My family is considering moving from Australia to a ski town in the US. My husband is American and we have a 14 yo son.

I've done a fair bit of Internet research and Bozeman appears to tick most of our boxes. Naturally we would come for an extended visit first but in the meantime I would love to hear from some locals about what it is like living there. I'm after the good, the bad and the ugly.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living in Bozeman

Bozeman is a great place to take an extended visit (this is a travel forum, not a relocation forum).

Nice people, good skiing, good schools, university town so it is culturally active (and you can extend your education if you like), good restaurants, lots of outdoor activities winter and summer. Linked to the outside world by the small but decent airport, and close to major east/west and north/south interstate highways.

If Bozeman looks good for your extended visit, you might also like to look at Corvallis, Bend or Eugene Oregon. They are similarly close to good skiing, culture and outdoor opportunites. The greater Seattle area, including Bellingham, is worth a look too.

USA
Level Contributor
579 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living in Bozeman

Try posting to Bozemanonline.com

3. Re: Living in Bozeman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Bozeman