We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bozeman to glacier np

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
bozeman to glacier np

What is the best route to take to Glacier Nat. Pk from Bozeman Mt.? We don't care which entrance we go into the park since we only have time to do the Going to the sun Rd. Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,992 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bozeman to glacier np

We like the route up MT Scenic Hwy 1 and then up by Polson and Flathead Lake. It is very scenic and then you could drive the GTTSR from West Glacier to East Glacier side.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bozeman to glacier np

Thanks. We'll map it out.

Helena, Montana
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: bozeman to glacier np

Come up through Three Forks, Via Townsend, Helena, then up to Great Falls or cut across through Valier to East Glacier. Coming in from the east entrance is the most scenic.. and if you only have time to make the GTTS loop.. come up from south- east to west.. then journey back through the Flathead Valley... There is no highway 1 unless she means the GTTSH...

Take From I90 west of Bozeman take hwy 287 north to Helena.. merge onto I15 then go north on i15 take hwy 287 exit to Augusta, Choteau.. or for an easier tour...north to Great Falls, keep traveling on I15 until valier exit..cut across to Heart Butte.... then enter the park at East Glacier

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,992 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bozeman to glacier np

MT Hwy 1 is also known as the Pintler Scenic Hwy and is in southeastern Montana and goes thru town of Phillipsburg. There is a great little candy store there but I can't remember the name of it.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bozeman to glacier np

Thank you for the info.

6. Re: bozeman to glacier np

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Bozeman