We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Movie theaters in Bozeman

Israel
Level Contributor
417 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Movie theaters in Bozeman

We're spending a few weeks in Big Sky, MT, and my kids really want to go see a movie. The local cinema here charges $10.50 for a ticket. We've paid as low as $4.50 per ticket a few weeks ago in Massachusetts, so $10.50 is a huge jump and frankly, not an affordable afternoon for our family of four (especially when you add the inevitable popcorn and sodas). Are there any significantly cheaper alternatives in Bozeman? I can only find listings for the Valley Mall cinemas and those are $8.50 for a matinee ticket, which is also rather high. The difference in price is probably not enough to justify the drive to Bozeman.

USA
Level Contributor
625 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Movie theaters in Bozeman

Yes, the Bozeman prices are likely so high because there is no competition. Online I see adult matinee tickets for $8 and children for $7.

However, there is a movie theater in Big Sky -- http://www.lonepeakcinema.com/showtimes.html -- but they don't show prices.

Israel
Level Contributor
417 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Movie theaters in Bozeman

Thank you. We ended up going to the Lone Peak cinema last night. It was $10.50 per ticket and the popcorn was $7 for a large pack, but the kids really needed a movie...I figured a difference of $2.5 per ticket didn't justify a trip to Bozeman.

3. Re: Movie theaters in Bozeman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:17