We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North American Indian Days 2013

Which Browning hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Topic
North American Indian Days 2013

My husband and I will be staying in East Glacier and plan to attend the North American Indian Days at least two out of the four days. Any suggestions as to which days or events are the best to attend?

6 replies to this topic
montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North American Indian Days 2013

The Grand Entrance or opening ceremonial parade of any pow-wow is a real highlight. The Browning Pow-Wow is a cultural treat! You might find that one day will be enough, since you will be an observer. From what I've experienced, a strong component of these events is the opportunity for friends to meet and socialize. As an outsider, I've been welcomed, but I'm not a part of the social fabric of pow-wows.

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North American Indian Days 2013

Thank you!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North American Indian Days 2013

I think a morning or afternoon with lunch would be enough. You are invited to attend, but it isn't really about putting on a show for visitors. It is a competition and friends' meet up.

You don't have that long in the area so you're better off going back to the park.

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North American Indian Days 2013

We went one time for some of the dance competitions and would like to watch some of the rodeo events.

J-W
Illinois
Level Contributor
1,195 posts
1,010 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North American Indian Days 2013

And we have been to Glacier about ten times.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North American Indian Days 2013

We just got home from a trip to Glacier AND Browning. If you want to take photos, go to the 7:00 PM dance competition. The color and the music are overwhelming. I am now putting some of my photos on my website. Check it out at BREWSPHOTO.COM. I just ask for something resembling a name and something resembling an email address.

Reply to: North American Indian Days 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Browning