We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcycle hire

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Motorcycle hire

Hi guys, I'm looking for some help before I travel to Butte. I'm coming over from England in July for the Evel Days and would like to hire, or possibly, cheekily, borrow a motorbike for 1 or 2 days to explore the local area. Does anyone know if I can hire a bike in Butte? Thanks in advance.

World Museum of Mining
History Museums, Speciality Museums
Berkeley Pit
Bodies of Water, Lookouts, Mines
4 replies to this topic
Englewood, Fl.
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorcycle hire

Good luck with "borrowing" a motorcycle! A wife maybe, but a bike???.....NEVER!!!!!

Here in the US many dealerships have rental programs. The only one that I could locate in Butte, Montana can be reached by the link below. Their website does not mention a rental program. However perhaps an email could lead to a referral to someone who might be able to help you out.

Good luck, and Ride Safe!

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorcycle hire

You want to do a search for rental, not hire. Copper Canyon Harley Davidson will get you on an American bike so long as you have your endorsement, proof that you are certified to ride a motorcycle. You will need to put down a large deposit and insurance on the bike.

Nobody in Montana will lend you a bike. Good luck and have fun.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorcycle hire

The Sturgis festival will be pulling a lot of bike rentals. Better call asap.

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,922 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorcycle hire

I found this website for motorcycle rentals. The only city that came up with having rentals in Montana was Billings which is about 225 miles east of Butte on Interstate 90. The rentals are through the Harley-Davidson store.

Reply to: Motorcycle hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Butte
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now