We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jardine Pond

PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Jardine Pond

I have been reading about Jardine Road. Some have recommended not travelling due to dirt road conditions, but others have said it is okay.

Along this road is a picturesque pond with a pump house. Does anyone know how far out of Gardiner this pond is located? Thanks for your help. And could we drive there in May?

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Jardine Pond

I don't know the exact mileage because I didn't pay attention but it isn't that far. The road to it was fine though it might be "washboardy" in areas. There are lots of houses back there so the road is used a lot. We drove way past the pump house. If you're driving a rental you might want to check the policy....I've seen a few comments on TA where some car rental companies do not allow driving on dirt roads.

As far as driving in May you'll just need to wait until closer to that time....there is still a lot of winter left and spring snowstorms and of course, spring rains which could make the roads very muddy.

The pond/pump house in October.

…photobucket.com/albums/…135.jpg

Deb

Edited: 05 February 2013, 02:26
Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,404 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Jardine Pond

I just checked a trip report I did for the Jardine Road on a Yellowstone forum and the picture above was taken April 22, 2011. We've been up there in October too so I got the pic mixed up with that time.

Deb

PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jardine Pond

Thanks Deb! If you could go in April, we should be able to find it in May. My husband likes these scenic places as a basis for painting. I promised him we would look for it.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,168 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jardine Pond

Awesome picture Deb! Beckydoodle, that would make a wonderful subject for a painting.

Pam

PA
Level Contributor
170 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jardine Pond

It's really comical when we travel. We each have cameras and we stop where we both see an exciting photo opportunity. When we get out of the car, he goes one way and I go the other! We see differently!

Our walls are covered with lovely scenic paintings based on our travels. Each one brings back a great memory and takes me back to that moment.

Having an artist in the house is a great bonus and gets me through the long winters when we don't travel.

6. Re: Jardine Pond

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Gardiner