We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather? sites? shopping?

Which Great Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Drumheller, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
weather? sites? shopping?

Plan is to come out this weekend Nov 11-13. What intresting things are there to see? (museums, scenery) Is winter weather a problem in possibly driving more south. I was thinking of a possibility of going to Bozeman Hot Springs? I am open to suggestions though

Is there intresting shopping? I quess we are looking for bargains in clothing more than anything.

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
185 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather? sites? shopping?

Well, let's start with the weather. It's typical for us this time of year and probably for you, too, being located east of Calgary out on the prairie.

On the 11th: high 50-55; windy w/gusts to 55; low 25-30; little chance of precip.

On the 12th: high 30-40; windy w/gusts to 50; low 20-30; chance of precip 50%.

On the 13th: high 35-45; little wind; chance of precip 50%

Shopping: lots of major department stores in Holiday Village Mall and the Marketplace. Funky, small boutique stores can be found downtown. All are having major Veterans Day sales going on Friday and Saturday. Sunday, too, except for the downtown stores.

From the number of of Alberta plates spotted on vehicles around town, all three of these shopping places are favorites of Canadian shoppers.

If you're into western gear, Big R (on 10th Ave. So.) and Fleet Supply have the largest choices.

The best scenery this time of year can be found along the Rivers Edge Trail, winding its way through the city and out into the countryside, all along the banks of the Missouri River.

My best suggestion is to stop at the Visitors Information Center on arrival here Friday to pick up maps and brochures of the things you might want to see and do.

The center will be open on Veterans Day and can be located by taking the very first right-hand exit after crossing the Missouri River heading east on 10th Avenue South. Watch for signage.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Great Falls.

Drumheller, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather? sites? shopping?

Sounds okay for traveling. Thank you very much. You have been very helpful. Will post after on my visit:)

3. Re: weather? sites? shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 17:15