We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Great Falls?

Which Great Falls hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Great Falls?

Hello.

I'm planning a one-night stay at Great Falls in late July.

I was origionally planning to stay at the Best Western, but discovered their horrible customer service through emails and phone calls. It shook me away.

I was wondering about the Holiday Inn Great Falls (not the Holiday Inn Express). Any info on this place?

Also, how long does it take to drive from Great Falls to Helena?

Thank you in advance for any info/advice.

Montana
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Great Falls?

The last time I stayed at the the hotel is it was the Sheraton (several years ago). Now I live in GF and don't need to stay there, but I've been in the hotel recently. It's fine. There are a few newer hotels -- Crystal Inn by the airport and the La Quinta closer to downtown on the Missouri River.

It takes about an hour and 15 minutes to drive to Helena from GF. The trip is actually very beautiful. Most of the trip is through a canyon and follows the Dearborn River.

Coutts, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Great Falls?

We were in Great Falls May 31st - 3rd June and stayed at the Holiday Inn.

The staff were excellent and the hotel was 1st class.

They have a great main reception area with a 3 story waterfall.

The bar is really well designed and cheap.

The swimming pool and hot tub are kept spotless

The Holiday Shopping Mall is only a 5 minute walk away and the prices are very good, as my wife found out.

We stayed at the Best Western last year and found the Holiday Inn far superior.

We will definately stay there on our next visit.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Great Falls?

Thank-you kureiff and wulfgar for your helpful advice / reviews.

What are the quality of the rooms? Their site shows the photo to be very nice for a Holiday Inn, but I know this was previously a Sheraton, and am thinking that maybe that photo is of when it was under Sheraton management.

Thanks again for your help.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Great Falls?

I've written a review on the Holiday Inn Great Falls...feel free to read it [look in my profile for the link]

5. Re: Holiday Inn Great Falls?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 12:19