We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding a condo rental near Helena

Which Helena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Finding a condo rental near Helena

For August and September of 2007, I want to find a rental for those 2 months...does anyone know how to find something like this? I live in Mexico where there are rental condos all over the place, but I haven't been able to find anything'"up north" where it is cool!!!

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

Hola! Try www.vrbo.com (Vacation Rentals By Owner). Be aware that Aug and Sept are high season months for vacation rentals in Montana. You are wise to start looking early, but do be prepared to pay top dollar. Also, it's not likely that there are many condo rentals around Helena, it's just not a condo kind of place. But since it is the State Capitol, there might be more than I think, due to the legislators needing a place to stay during the legislative season (takes place every 2 years). You might try the Helena Chamber of Commerce, and also ask them if the Legislature will be in session during the time you plan on coming. If so, it could be really challenging to find your accomodation.

Helena has a special appeal to you????

Good luck!

Puerto Morelos...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

Muchas gracias for your post!!! Helena does not have any special meaning, just that I use to travel for a living and have yet to see the Dakotas or the Northwest....so I decided that each year during our low season, I would go to a different state and check it out, and escape the HUMIDITY here!!!

Again, Thank you for the helpful information!!!

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

Good idea, Gigi, to enjoy your travel time during the hot humidity. For us, we travel during the winter cold and come explore warm areas (like Akumal in the Yucatan!) So here's a couple of tips re: geographic areas:

There are two areas: the Flathead Valley, centered around Kalispell, Whitefish, Bigfork and Glacier National Park; and the Bozeman area close to Yellowstone and the Gallatin River, that are the two fastest growing and most populated areas of the state. That is because they are incredibly beautiful. There is a reason people are flocking to these areas, so not only do you get fantastic outdoor recreational opportunities, you also get great cultural amenities like restaurants, music, theatre, arts, etc etc. Also both have nice ski resorts, so in the summertime you might have a better shot at getting a condo for a reasonable price. The ski resort near Bozeman is called Big Sky and the ski resort near Whitefish is called Big Mountain. (stuff is big around here!).

The distances in Montana are vast. For example, our Flathead County is the size of Connecticut. Montana is the fourth largest state of the union (after Alaska, TX, CA) but it doesn't have a million people. This means lots of big empty spaces and long drive times. You might want to situate yourself in a beautiful area where you don't have to drive long distances to get to fun stuff, then plan your occasional multi-day outing to explore the rest of the region. Helena would not be on my list for the best place to "call home".

Good luck finding your place.

Montana
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

Helena is pretty centrally located though to other sites in the state. And it's arts community is really thriving right now. And there are a lot of new restuarants.

I stopped in Helena last week and I was amazed at the number of new stores and restuarants downtown. I agree with RiverDays that it's not at the same level as Bozeman or the Flathead Valley or Missoula. But Helena is really growing, and it might be a good central spot to base your trip.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

Kurieff, good to know that good things are happening in Helena! We'll have to get over there and check things out in our state capitol, enjoy some of the arts and music scene.

Helena, Montana
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

Please check out Springhill Studio in Helena, Montana. The website is: http://springhillmontana.com

Our website lists prices by the night or the week. We offer special rates for longer term rentals.

You can email us at: nordell@mcn.net if you have questions.http://cdn.tripadvisor.com/img/buttons_en/signIn.gif

7. Re: Finding a condo rental near Helena

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Helena