We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlaw Hotel

Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Outlaw Hotel

We just returned from staying at the Outlaw Hotel in Kalsipell. After making our reservation I read somewhere here that the hotel was not reccomended. I wish I had read it first. Good things first, the housekeeping staff did their best with what they have and the staff in the bar were great. The front desk staff were not friendly and kept guests waiting while they chatted, and the night we checked in, the young lady was not dressed appropiately. The carpeting in the hallway was filthy and so were the walls. The floor had not been vaccumed in days by the look of it. One particulary disturbing fact was that outside security door was left propped open at night. I closed the door on two ocassions. We stayed 4 days and our sheets were never changed. I will not stay there again.

dublin
Level Contributor
27 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlaw Hotel

Hi Chickmummy,Next time stay in The Grand Hotel on Main St/Great value nice staff,The quite rooms face the car park.

Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlaw Hotel

Thanks dubsman for the advice, we'll try that hotel next time.

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlaw Hotel

Yeah, it's a dive. Sorry you had a bad choice of a hotel. If you havn't already done so, post your review at the hotel review site in addition to this forum. Perhaps the new owners will overhaul this hotel, it's much-needed.

YBM
Hooksett, NH
Level Contributor
20 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlaw Hotel

Yes, this place is now a dump. But it wasn't always that way. I lived in Kalispell from 1975 to 1984. Back then it was the Best Western Outlaw Inn (built in 1974), and it was a showplace! It was THE premier hotel in Kalispell.

Back then, the Outlaw Inn had the best night club in town, and Hennessey's Steak House, the in-house restaurant, was excellent by far!

I've read the reviews posted by TripAdvisor members (see West Coast Outlaw Hotel), and sadly the must be true. We have not stayed at this hotel, but on our trips back to visit old friends in Kalispell, we've driven by the place and it is in terrible disrepair. It's a shame to see what was once such a nice place suffer from neglect.

What a sad story.

I noticed a recommendatation that you stay at the Kalispell Grand Hotel. I agree. They have done an absolutely fabulous job of restoring it. It's funny, because back in the 80's, that's where all the vagrants lived. It's ranked #1 on the TripAdvisor member reviews for hotels in Kalispell.

My how times change.

Missoula, Montana
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlaw Hotel

I made the silly mistake of staying at the Outlaw. The staff was rude, the "service" pathetic and and the hotel absolutely filthy.

Rooms in the North building are now rented during the off-season in order to raise money. The renters (most of them real scum) make an already sad story sadder. The pools and hot tubs were dirty-those that worked. most of the hot tubs were out of service and I was told by staff that management isn't interested in fixing them.

They stopped the continental breakfast-something particularly galling considering the prices they charge. It didn't help to have one of the idiots working there tell me they were the best hotel for the money-surely they jest!

MT
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outlaw Hotel

I used to live in Kalispell and also remember when the Outlaw was a nice place! But now it's falling apart. My parents, who still live there, suggest the Kalispell Grand, the Hampton, or the Holiday Inn Express.

Kalispell, MT
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outlaw Hotel

I have lived in Kalispell for the past twenty plus years and have watched the Outlaw Inn totally self destruct. We don't know of any locals who would either stay or eat there.

The Hamton is wonderful and I believe the new Holiday Inn Express is now open. Additionally, there are two new Hiltons under construction which should be open soon. The La Quinta is also much better than the Outlaw. I think the Outlaw is used mostly for conventions and exhibits.

San Diego...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Outlaw Hotel

You said it, Chickmummy. I was there in late June 2007 and the place is a dive. I had elephants staying above me. Renters who were home all the time blaring the TV 24 hours in the room next door. The carpets are just awful and it is hard to go towards the front desk and beyond without choking on the thick cigarette smoke. I too noticed the door ajar at night. The soda machine near me was empty of diet coke and the ice machine did not work. Staff except the the cleaning maids was rude and the workers at the restaurant do not know how to do their jobs. I left with one night to go and went to the Red LIon. What a gorgeous, comfy, quiet change. A bit pricey, but I heard no TV's or elephants. I will never ever stay at the Outlaw again.

West Unity OH
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Outlaw Hotel

I'm sorry to hear of the demise of the Outlaw. My mom worked there in the early 80's and it was the showplace of Kalispell. I am planning on visiting Kalispell this summer, and am planning on visiting the Outlaw but maybe I should look into staying somewhere else.

10. Re: Outlaw Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 10:18