We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

Which Polson hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Great Northeast
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

Planning to be in the Elmo/Polson area in July. I weekend of 7/15 - 17 is the Standing Arrow Powwow, the Cherry Festival, and also Live History Days. Can anyone tell me about these? Can we do them all in 2 days? Also, can you recommend lodging on our way to GNP? Thanks.

5 replies to this topic
Great Northeast
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

Can anyone tell me about the Standing Arrow Powwow or the Cherry Festival?

Please?

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

You can stay in Polson at the Best Western, which is tribal-owned, or there's the Wild Horse Hideaway b&b in Elmo. The pow-wow runs over a couple of days. It's small, but feels authentic, friendly and colourful, if a little incomprehensible to the untutored eye. There are a bunch of food & trinket stalls. Don't think I'd spend two days there, but certainly worth a look if you're in the area. Flathead Lake is pretty.

Sacramento, CA
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

Was curious if anyone has visited the recent Standing Arrow Powwow. My family and I are planning to attend in July 2012, and are interested in some suggestions that you may have to share. Where did you stay, and is there anywhere nearby that offers shuttle to the Powwow?

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

Polson is your closest town for motels and restaurants. The tourist facilities in Elmo are nearly non-existent. You will need a car to go between Polson & Elmo. and pretty much anywhere in MT. You could also stay in Lakeside or Kalispell.

Didn't make it to the Elmo Pow Wow this July, so can't give you specifics, other than to say spending a half day max is probably enough for someone not directly involved in the Pow Wow (unless you have loads of Indian friends and family to re-connect with....which is what a lot of a pow wow is about) It's a great cultural experience.

Kalispell, Montana
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.

The Standing Arrow Powwow is July 20-22, sorry you will be missing that magnificent event on your itinerary...

Reply to: Standing Arrow Powwow, etc.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Polson