We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

Which West Yellowstone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

Where can I rent a car? How far is the airport from the entrance of the park...

Where are some good places to stay under $150?

West Yellowstone, MT
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

You can rent a car right at the West Yellowstone airport. There is a Budget counter there. Last year they even rented some Hummers. You would want to reserve ahead of time tho.

The airport is just 2 miles north of town. When you hit town, you just head down Canyon (about 8 blocks) and turn left at the four way stop. Three blocks later you are at the gate to Yellowstone.

On one of the corners of the four way stop is the Chamber of Commerce combined with a Yellowstone National Park information center staffed by rangers. There is great information there about weather, road closures, activities both in the park and in West Yellowstone.

As far as lodging, are you looking for a room for a family, group, couple?

Stuart, Florida
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

I am looking for a couple! Also I wanted to know about the Three Bears Lodge? I think I may be booking us there?

Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

Three Bear is an older, but very clean place. Nice outdoor pool, wonderful restaurant, good location.

Cameron, Montana
Level Contributor
42 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

Three Bear Lodge is about 3 blocks from the west gate of Yellowstone National Park. It is a friendly "Mom & Pop" type of motel. Clean rooms and they have the only outdoor swimming pool in West Yellowstone. Their restaurant is also great!!

Thanks, Happy travels.

5. Re: flying into west yellowstone? lodging?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about West Yellowstone