We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yellowstone - now last week of September???

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Yellowstone - now last week of September???

Slight change of plan, we may now be in Yellowstone/Grand Tetons the last week of Sept and heading into Moab/Fruita the first week of October. Is yellowstone and area still ok as far as most places being open. i realise some services will be closing but as long as we can still do some 2-3 hour hikes and see the main sights i'm fine. I gather the fall colours will be lovely!

Flemington, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yellowstone - now last week of September???

We went to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone last year during the last week in September and LOVED it! Some of the smaller park visitor centers are closed and not all of the accommodations were still open, but the weather was wonderful and it was a terrific time to view wildlife. The evenings and mornings were a bit chilly, but not cold. The higher elevations in Jackson got a dusting of snow, but the lower elevations were fine hiking weather. We spent all our time outdoors and even took a morning river float trip. We're going back again this September, we enjoyed it so much! No crowds, either.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yellowstone - now last week of September???

excellent time for both places. I was at yellowstone and the tetons the first two weeks of sept last year. it was still pretty busy but the services close anyway. i had warm days but the nights were cool. i also had quite a bit of cloudy weather but I was still hiking in shorts.

saw a lot of wildlife. didn't have fall colors... october in moab is great. i've been there in spring and fall, in october the day time temps can still reach the 80's (farenheit) yellowstone 70s as highs enjoy

3. Re: Yellowstone - now last week of September???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 03:17