We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion on yellow stone trip planning

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
262 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion on yellow stone trip planning

I am planning to go to Yellow s-Stone from Los Angles with family on the first week of August. I will drive to Salt Lake and then to Montana (Grant) since it's the shortest route per some one. Do you agree with this?

I don't know where to stay. Some people suggest stay in different parts few days.

Also I want a place that has kitchen if possible and close to park. This way we can cook break fast and few dinners.

I can change the route if anyone suggests a better way. I don’t have a clue where to stay. I appreciate any suggestions and comments.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,908 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion on yellow stone trip planning

I would travel from SLC to West Yellowstone, Montana. There are several cabins,etc. that have kitchens. This would be a good base for your trip to YNP. Check out the website westyellowstonenet.com.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion on yellow stone trip planning

Based on your description, I'd recommend staying in West Yellowstone, MT at the west entrance of the park. Many of the motels in West Yellowstone have kitchenettes. We stayed at the Lazy G many years ago, and they have kitchenette rooms. This year, we are staying at the Alpine Motel,and I know one of their rooms has a full kitchen. You can look at the motels on this site and check things out.

Good luck planning. I'm not familiar with driving from SLC, so I will leave that to someone else.

3. Re: Suggestion on yellow stone trip planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 05:26