We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

Barneveld, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

I'm in the process of planning a trip to Yellowstone NP next summer for a group of 4 adults. I've pretty much narrowed lodging options to 4 places in West Yellowstone. One is reviewed in this site (Pine Shadows Motel/Townhouses) but I can't find much info online about the other three, in terms of ratings by others who've stayed there. The other three properties are:

- Little Bear cabin (W. Iris St.)

- Cabins West (336 Firehole)

- Angler's Rest (Parkway D)

All three seem nice, are priced similarly, and are owned and/or managed by very nice, professional folks. If anyone has past experience with any or all, I'd love to hear about it! Thanks ahead of time!

Southeast PA
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

We stayed in the cabins at Hibernation Station...have you checked into those?

West Yellowstone, MT
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

You may also want to check out Yellowstone Cabins Yellowstone Cabins and RV Park. 504 US Highway 20, Yellowstone, MT 59758. Phone: 406-646-9350

Clean, in pine trees, well managed.

Bozeman Montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

You may want to consider the many great vacation homes in the Paradise Valley, located South of Livington Montana and just North of the North entrance to Yellowstone. There are some great ones located right on the Yellowstone River. They tend to be less expensive and many are nicer than what you find around West Yellowstone.

west yellowstone...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

Blaine, who owns Pine Shadows, is a very good guy. All the places you mentioned are "mom and pop" type places, so the quality and amenities are what you'd expect. I don't know much either about the other three either. PIne Shadows is older but it's clean and tidy.

Billings, Montana
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

I was going to recommend vacation homes as well. There are a lot of sites that you can browse different areas and it seems like a much better deal than hotels. We were recently considering renting one in paradise valley. Chico hot springs is nearby, and the park is probably 45 minutes away. It's a really good deal if you compare it to staying in a hotel. We've rented a few places online for vacations, and haven't had a bad experience yet. If possible, I don't think we'll stay in hotels again. The house we were looking at in Paradise Valley is at this site(www.yellowstonelookout.com)

, but you can find more if you just google "vacation rentals". good luck!

6. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2006, 14:02
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabins/Vacation Homes in West Yellowstone

As a birthday present for my mom, I will be taking her to Yellowstone area in mid September. Looking for something similar. Only drawback with traveling with my mom is that she is a smoker and a smoking room is a must.