We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

Cheltenham, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

Is the Dude Motel really as bad as its reviews suggest? Our tour company changed us from Grant Village to the Dude Motel and I am very concerned by the reviews. is security a risk because of their habbit of leaving keys taped to doors and is it really as dirty as the reviews suggest or have things improved? Also do management stay until 11pm as their website says or do they leave earlier as per the reviews which said sometimes the management had left by 7pm? Please help - this is urgent as we are going there next week. Our tour company refuses to move us, saying there is nowhere else we can stay even though we booked with them a year afo. Many thanks for your help.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

Terrible reviews, I agree. Note that only one seems to be current, i.e., this year. And at those prices? I'd not stay there.

I can say the top rated ones are, by consistent reviews, decent and economical.

You might not have a choice with your tour company, unless willing to find and pay for lodging elsewhere.

I'm puzzled by another comment. You were scheduled for Grant Village, inside YNP; why the relocation to West Yellowstone?

I doubt that your tour company guarantees the locations first designated, but if they did...

Mentioned in this post
Cheltenham, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

Yes I agree that only the first one is recent but there are several recent ones on Expedia, mostly with similar opinions. Our tour company allocates which hotels we stay in and although they do have the option to change them we were only notified this week of the change of hotel, despite having booked this holiday many months ago. We are now told the advertised hotel is overbooked and there is nowhere else we can stay. We did at least expect to be in a hotel of a similar standard to the one they advertise in their brochure. It has definitely put me off using this tour company again. And yes, I have considered finding and paying to stay somewhere else if it turns out to be as bad as the reviews but am worried we won't find anywhere else at such short notice, particularly as we will not have any transport of our own.

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

This is a serious breach, in my opinion. Switching from a place in the park to a place out of the park changes the entire character of the trip. You should start collecting your data to make complaints, possibly review what was promised with a friend who is a lawyer.

I don't know the hotel in question, but if it is poor that would increase the severity of the breach.

Cheltenham, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

Many thanks for your advice.

Vancouver Island BC
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

Just to give you an idea, of what the dude motel is like....

We did not stay there, but it was sooo bad looking from the outside, and the sign was so tacky hubby was going to take a picture as we drove by to show family back home, because he was 'that' suprised to see something like that.

and FYI I am not a hotel snob.

Vancouver Island BC
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

P.S. would love to hear what the outcome was

7. Re: Dude Motel - urgent advice needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 07:16