We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food in WEST Yellowstone

PA
Level Contributor
60 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Food in WEST Yellowstone

Best place to buy sandwiches to take with us into the park.??

We plan on taking a cooler in our car and having enough food for lunch and some snacks.

USA
Level Contributor
632 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

Someone else may have another, non-chain recommendation, but we always pick up sandwiches to go at the Subway in West. We happen to like Subway sandwiches.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

There's a couple of supermarkets on Madison Ave. (middle of town) that sell pre-packed sandwiches and snacks, which I used for the same reason.

OTOH the food available inside the park isn't that expensive and can be quite good. I'd recommend the buffet at the cafe in Canyon Village.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
Christchurch
Level Contributor
652 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

Hi mkz07

Number 1 food place in West Yellowstone out of the 39 listed on TA ratings is 'Kiwi's" takeaways. Gets great ratings - we are going to try it when we are there next year. Does pies, sandwiches etc.

And no - I am 'not related to owner'

cheers

Kiwi

Mentioned in this post
STEAMBOAT SPRINGS
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

I thought the Kiwi was VERY mediocre at best.

We went to the supermarket on Madison, bought delicious bakery bread and deli to make our sandwiches.

Just bring a small cooler and pack it daily with food and beverages....that way you won't be disappointed.

Mentioned in this post
Madison
Madison
Wisconsin
western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

Be sure to stop at what used to be known as Hamilton Stores anyway. It is fun to meet the college kids from all over the world. Hamilton Stores are the ones with the Knotty Porches (lumpy wood, all over in a folk art design).

Vancouver Island BC
Level Contributor
42 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

We too bought grocerystore food each day. Tried both Grocery stores. I cannot remember the names, but the one that is much closer to the park entrance end of town had a better selection by far, I dont think the other even had a deli.

We bought a hot chicken and used the meat on buns as sandwiches.... YUMMY and cheaper than deli meat.

7. Re: Food in WEST Yellowstone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2011, 04:16