We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is everyone in this town??

Which West Yellowstone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Where is everyone in this town??

Just got to West Yellowstone yesterday, what a great little town! However, it seems like there is (literally) nobody here. Is that normal for this time of year? I'm enjoying the solitude but it's almost creepy being the only group in the hotel / restaurants / shops. A true mountain getaway I suppose ;)

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is everyone in this town??

During the day, most people are in Yellowstone so things pick up in the late afternoon when folks start to leave the park.

Pam

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is everyone in this town??

They are all riding rented trikes around the KOA Kampground I think, having camped there recently!

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where is everyone in this town??

@Ainwa....nearly spewed coffee on the laptop screen on reading your reply! Busy, huh?

Pam

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where is everyone in this town??

It was amazing how many loops those kids could take! Really a nice service to offer the families, actually. One little gal made a loop on an old fashioned hobby horse, which was adorable.

It wasn't the kind of camping you'd like to do if you really wanted to get away from it all, however!

5. Re: Where is everyone in this town??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:16