We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snow

Which West Yellowstone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Snow

Hi everyone. I'll be arriving in West Yellowstone January 11th and was hoping someone local could let me know how the snow is this year. For reference, This will be my 4th straight year coming out there to go snowmobiling. We're spending a day in the park going to Old Faithful on a guided tour, and we will have four days outside the park to ride the trails. We're really hoping to do Two Top, Lions Head and Big Springs. I was wondering how the trails are this year. Are the trails in good shape? Have they started grooming yet? Any updates will be appreciated.

West Yellowstone...
Destination Expert
for Flagstaff, West Yellowstone
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snow

Sorry I don't have an answer for you on this, but perhaps the chamber of commerce might be able to advise you: http://www.destinationyellowstone.com/

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
19,551 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snow

Here is a link to the webcam at the IMAX theater in West Yellowstone altho it is hard to tell how much is actually on the ground and how much is piled up from plowing!

www.westyellowstonenet.com/webcams/imax.php

Pam

Mechanicsville...
Level Contributor
9 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snow

Thanks for the links Adventuritis and Pam. It looks like there is plenty of snow. I also found a grooming report on the chamber website and my favorite trail to Two Top is groomed and ready to ride. I can't wait to get out there again and see everything.

4. Re: Snow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 06:18