We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whitefish with my family

Which Whitefish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Whitefish with my family

Posted on: 11:44 pm, yesterday

Save Save

My family and I are excited to visit White Fish, Glacier NP, and Flathead Va in mid July. I have a 3 year old, 5 year old, and 7 year old traveling with my wife, and I and we are looking for fun and adventures in this NW portion of MT. We will be in the area for 4 days and are looking for trip ideas that will enhance our experience. We are staying at the Grouse Lodge, we want to use our time in the best possible way, and are an adventurous family looking for the best use of our time. I am looking for your input on anything and am looking for detail suggestions on the following areas:

1- best places to visit in the area

2-best family hikes in the area

3-places to eat

4-best places to water river rafting (company to recommend)

5-best scenic horse rides that are family friendly (company name)

6-best places to fish or guide to recommend (what do we need for gear and equipment)

7. unique shops/ museums or places of interest

8. places to rent bikes and great places to ride them.

9. any other ideas you can suggest that will help with planning : )

montana
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whitefish with my family

Hi again, FamilyFromSanDiego:

Real quick, call the Kalispell Chamber of Commerce (maybe even the Whitefish or Bigfork ones) and ask them to mail you a copy of "101 Things To Do in the Flathead". It's a great compilation of all the resources for the activities you're asking about.

Buffalo Cafe for breakfast in Whitefish, for sure!

Glacier Raft Company or Montana Raft Company for river trips, although I wouldn't recommend taking the younger kids on a whitewater rafting trip at that time or year (or any time, for Class IV) Float trips would be OK for the little ones.

Whitefish has a great family park.

Check the local newspapers for the listings of the various outdoor musical performances offered at noon and in the evenings for some local talent and color.

Definitely kid-friendly!

Enjoy!

Whitefish MT
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whitefish with my family

Bar W Guest Ranch has great family horseback riding and chuckwagon dinner rides. They are only about a mile and a half from Grouse Mt. Lodge. They are www.thebarw.com - good luck, Whiefish is a wonderful place to visit!

Whitefish MT
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whitefish with my family

Great rafting with Glacier Raft Co.

4. Re: Whitefish with my family

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 01:16