We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Navigating Glacier after mid-September

St. Louis
1 post
Save Topic
Navigating Glacier after mid-September

My husband and I plan on visiting Glacier sometime in September (post Labor Day). Our travel dates are somewhat flexible hence the question. Here it is. The Park Service says parts of the western half of Going to the Sun road will be closed starting at midnight Sept. 20. If that's the case, how hard will it be navigating the park once this happens? Also, what facilities close during this time of the year? Should we make sure we get there before the 20th? We plan on doing day hikes - nothing in the backcountry - and spending our nights in Whitefish. Looks like the eastern half remains accessible but will require a fairly good jaunt south if you're traveling from Whitefish. Having never traveled there, however, I'm unsure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Kim

1. Re: Navigating Glacier after mid-September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2010, 08:16