We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak travel in January? Spokane to Whitefish, MT?

Which Whitefish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami
9 posts
Save Topic
Amtrak travel in January? Spokane to Whitefish, MT?

I am looking at another way to get from Miami to Whitefish, MT.

I have located cheap flights to Seattle or Spokane, and thought of taking the Amtrak to Montana from either of these airports(preferably Spokane).

Can anyone advise on this, since it will be the dead of winter...and I am from sunny Miami? Thank you!

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak travel in January? Spokane to Whitefish, MT?

The train indeed goes through there, and travels all year. If there are terrible storms it is sometimes delayed but service is not suspended in the winter.

The train goes through the longest train tunnel in the US under the Cascade mountains between Seattle and Spokane. Whitefish is on the west side of the Rockies, so no additional mountain crossings are needed. Why is this important? There's lots more snow up in the mountains.

Miami
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak travel in January? Spokane to Whitefish, MT?

thanks, i really appreciate your input. i will move forward with plans. :-)

3. Re: Amtrak travel in January? Spokane to Whitefish, MT?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:17