We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mountain House Whitefish (Big Mtn), USA

2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mountain House Whitefish (Big Mtn), USA

This was a horrible place to rent.. We arrived in early July. It was cold and there was not heat in the lower level we had rented to make it comfortable. When calling the second time, i told them there were vents in the ceiling and if they would come turn on the heat upstairs, maybe it would warm up our living quarters. They said they could not as the upstairs was someone else's. That evening the temp dropped to 50 or 40's. There was no control over the temperature from our living quarters. They did come the next day after further complaints and turn on heat upstairs which gave us heat. Hmmmm, they had told me they could not do that! Amazing! Then the man put it at 80 degrees upstairs and it got so hot, we could hardly breathe. Finally they put it at a temp we could handle.

The living room furniture was so horrible I would not sell it in a yard sale. It is awful to look at from the outside, but don't you know the picture has snow around it so you can't tell how awful it looks.

The place may work for winter ski rental, but forget it in the summer. It was also too far from Glacier National Park even though I was told it was fine. Check your GPS. It is about an hour drive.

I would never want to deal with Whitefish Mountain Resort. They lied and were uncaring about our condition of being in a lodging situation where the upstairs living area heat turned on in the morning 3 times, but never stayed on long enough to warm up our place downstairs. We found out the following day that the thermostat upstairs was set at 45 degrees!

Whitefish Mountain Resort -- the worst! Plus we were charged $75 cleaning fee right from the start with our rental! It was not added after looking at the place. It was put on our bill from the day it was reserved. . . and the place was a total embarrassment,

1. Re: Mountain House Whitefish (Big Mtn), USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2011, 07:30