We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

seattle
Level Contributor
166 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

My wife and I are planning on coming to Whitefish for 5 nights in February for a ski trip. 10 years ago we stayed at the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge and it was reasonable, however, the walk back and forth at night into town to go out to dinner got a little old (we won't have car). We are also looking at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake as it looks like a more upscale property with free shuttle service into town, but the reviews are all over the map on this property. Can anyone give us some feedback on these two properties as well as any other accommodations that are within walking distance to town? Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Spokane, Washington
Destination Expert
for Glacier National Park, Spokane
Level Contributor
3,257 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

Two very different options here. You know the one. The Lodge is more upscale and the main building is great. Bar, spa, dining and free shuttle. Hot tub outside. I like this place a lot. Best Western less expensive but much less to do and you still have the transportation issue.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,919 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

I stayed at the Best Western last summer and wasn't impressed. It's located right on the main highway and very noisy. IMO it was pretty "tired" and in need of updating too.

However, the rooms are large, and I do think that they had a shuttle service to the downtown area.....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

I can't give you any advice on the accommodation you have select but my friend and I just got back from whitefish and the snow was amazing!! We stayed at the Hibernation House a budget accommodation on the Hill. In regards to getting back and forth from the hill to the town for dinner they actually have a FREE taxi service. Just tip the drive a few dollars as a thank you. Hopefully this will help and open up your options for accommodation.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
12,999 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

I would go with Lodge at Whitefish. It's much nicers and there's plenty to keep you happy. Have a great trip.

seattle
Level Contributor
166 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

Thank you all very much for your responses. I'm going to call the Lodge at Whitefish Lake to make sure they have a shuttle to downtown Whitefish in the evenings. Also, unfortunately, any of their decent rates on-line (other than rack rates) are non-refundable which I can't stand. Thanks again!!!

whitefish,montana
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

there is a ski bus that goes to the mountain every hour or so maybe 1/2 hour, but it runs from town and back all day, I think it is free but we always drive up and down...it stops on the road in front of Whitefish Lake Lodge...

7. Re: Best Western or Lodge at Whitefish Lake, or any other ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2012, 07:17