We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zip-lining at Whitefish Mountain Resort Worth It?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Zip-lining at Whitefish Mountain Resort Worth It?

Hi. I'm taking a 3 week trip to the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, Glacier NP and Banff/Lake Louise. I planned to stay a night in Whitefish, MT before driving up to Banff where I will spend three nights and then another two nights at Lake Louise.

I'm wondering, is it worth it to cut Banff/Lake Louise a day short to go zip-lining at Whitefish Mountain Resort?

I'm staying at the Lodge at Whitefish Lake and thought it might be nice to go zip-lining and generally take it easy for a day but I'm worried I might regret cutting Banff short by a day.

I wouldn't arrive in Banff until the afternoon and will have to leave in the morning the last day so that would only give me three full days there. One of the days I wanted to do a group hike. There are a lot of other things that seem fun as well.

Another idea would be to essentially go zip-lining first thing in the morning (maybe 9am?) and then head out to Banff. I am driving there via Going to the Sun Road for the scenic experience. I wonder if doing this would put me into Banff too late?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Edited: 29 July 2011, 06:26
Level Contributor
80 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zip-lining at Whitefish Mountain Resort Worth It?

I don't know about giving up a whole day in Banff/Lake Louise just to do the zip line. It is fun and the view from the ski resort is amazing. There are other things to do on Whitefish Mountain if you wanted to make it more of a day. You can take the chair lift to the top for a view from the top of the world and then either hike down or take the chair lift back. Or you can rent mountain bikes and ride those down. There is a lot of fun stuff to do.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Zip-lining at Whitefish Mountain Resort Worth It?

thanks for your response. i've decided not to cut banff short for the zip line.

3. Re: Zip-lining at Whitefish Mountain Resort Worth It?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 20:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor