We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White fish does it again!

Which Whitefish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
White fish does it again!

Just got back home from a wonderful 4 days in White Fish and area.

91 degree days, with cool nights!

Lots to do in town and in Glacier National Park.

Just a heads up! The main strip is a little torn up with road construction,detours, etc.

Any Questions?

Relax and enjoy!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
42 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White fish does it again!

yes, plz, We are headed to Montana Sept 24- Oct 2, we have 4 nights before we have to be in Missoula, We are thinking 2 night in Whitefish and 2 in Big fork, It is our 1st visit to Montana, How long of a drive from Whitefish to GNP, things to see? Hike. lakes, It kind of seemed that Whitefish closes down between Sept, and ski season, Hoping there would still be lots to do 3 week in Sept, I would love any and all suggestions, I feel so disorganized for this trip, we kept changing dates, locations etc

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White fish does it again!

Hey there Joey.

The weather was crazy hot over the weekend! I hope it hangs on for you guys.

The Park is still open. Sorry I can't give you any links, but I'm sure if you google Glacier National Park, you'll get some good info.

Maybe some of the DEs will help out.

Have a great vacation!

Whitefish
Level Contributor
22 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White fish does it again!

The drive is 30 minutes to the West entrance to GNP.

The Going-to-the-Sun road to Logan's Pass will be closed at Avalanche lake starting the 18th but you will be able to access Logan's Pass from the East Side.

Recommend the Avalanche Lake hike and the Apgar Lookout hike which are both accessed from the West side.

Whitefish is entering the construction time of the year with two significant road projects occurring in town. But Whitefish will still have its Second Annual OKtober Fest during your dates which features a bunch of activities. I feel its definitely worth seeing.

Hope that helps.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White fish does it again!

I'll second that, Backwards.

The town doesn't shut down cause of a little road work!

Whitefish has a great feel to it, and should be experienced!

Salud!

5. Re: White fish does it again!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 02:17