We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in and around Kingsdown

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
What to do in and around Kingsdown
Save

My friend and myself are coming for 4 nights to Kingsdown and was wondering if anyone has any ideas of things to do. Looking for a relaxing and low key stay. Any ideas for nice walks, boat rides, day trips etc gratefully received!!

Many thanks

4 replies to this topic
Margate, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
179 reviews
154 helpful votes
1. Re: What to do in and around Kingsdown
Save

You can walk into Deal along the seafront via Walmer, a great flat walk (I've only cycled it). Deal is a very nice town, well worth spending time there. There is also a lovely rural, inland offroad foot/cycle track to St Margaret's at Cliffe in the other direction.

Day trips include Dover Castle. Walmer Castle also worth seeing for the gardens, there's also Deal Castle. All English Heritage sites.

How are you travelling? Try to get to Canterbury if you can.

Boat trips from Dover harbour, also from Sandwich (another town worth a wander).

Margate, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
179 reviews
154 helpful votes
2. Re: What to do in and around Kingsdown
Save

On second thoughts, if you're after relaxing and low key, you might find much of Canterbury a bit too busy for your liking, although there are plenty of pubs and cafes to while away the time, some quieter corners and river trips (choice of rowing boat tour or punt tour).

Sandwich is about as quiet as you can get.

Deal is vibrant but not busy - a perfect seaside town to explore.

Bishops Stortford...
Level Contributor
23 posts
97 reviews
55 helpful votes
3. Re: What to do in and around Kingsdown
Save

Hi.

You mention a walk from Kingsdown to Deal? How long do you think this would take? Google maps says over an hour but I was under the impression it was quicker along the coastal path.

Thank you.

Margate, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
5,747 posts
179 reviews
154 helpful votes
4. Re: What to do in and around Kingsdown
Save

Hi, although I haven’t done this walk (only cycled it), it’s around 3 miles so an hour sounds about right based on normal walking pace of 3mph/20 mins per mile.

Reply to: What to do in and around Kingsdown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kingsdown
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.