We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limited time

Which Kearney hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Topic
Limited time

We will be traveling from Boonville, Mo, to North Platte, NE on June 17. We are scheduled to go to the Rodeo that evening so we won't be able to do all the things I would like to on the way. Does anybody have suggestions on what is best to see: Jesse James Farm in Kearney, Missouri? or Patee House Museum in St. Joseph? or Archway Monument in Kearney, NE? or Pioneer Village in Minden, NE?

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
670 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limited time

I don't know anything about the two things in MO, but between the two in NE you would enjoy the Pioneer Village more. Also, there is the Buffalo Bill Museum at North Platte.

Grand Island...
Level Contributor
167 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limited time

Pioneer Village is wonderful, but not if time is limited. It usually takes a full day (or 2) to see everything. You can't appreciate this museum without taking the time to savor the displays, read the signs. The Archway Monument has an "electronically guided" tour. You have a soundstick that tells you about the displays. As another poster said, it usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. So, if time on this day is a factor, between these two attractions, I would choose the Archway Monument. If time weren't a factor, I would choose the other way.

3. Re: Limited time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Kearney