We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good places to eat around Antique shop areas

Sd
Level Contributor
294 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Good places to eat around Antique shop areas

We are heading to southeastern Nebraska for Memorial Day for the Brownville Flea Market and to visit Lincoln's antiques shops, I believe they are on "O" street.

Please suggest good places to eat. We would prefer not a chain. Love good pie!

Are there any celebrations, craft fairs, gardens, garden centers (looking for HOSTAS) etc that we 4 seniors might enjoy? Our plan is to visit the covered bridges southwest of Lincoln also.

We are staying in Nebraska City at the Cassel Grove Bed and Breakfast and are looking forward that that.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
671 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good places to eat around Antique shop areas

The rose garden at 27th & Capitol Parkway in Lincoln is a great place to visit. Across the street you will find the sunken gardens.

The following nursery has some great hostas. It is just north of O St. on 66th street. This nursery is just north of a Firestone store and across the street from an empty car dealership building and lot.

Finke Gardens & Nursery

500 N 66th Street

Lincoln NE 68505-2406

The International Quilt Study Center & Museum is located on the East Campus of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, at 33rd and Holdrege Streets. Visit the new museum to enjoy the world-class collection, first-class exhibitions, a virtual gallery, and experiences for all ages. The Center houses the largest publicly held quilt collection in the world. The 3500+ quilts date from the early 1700s to the present and represent more than 25 countries. The International Quilt Study Center & Museum makes its academic home in the Department of Textiles, Clothing and Design in the College of Education and Human Sciences. Admission, Adults $6, Children 5-18 $3, 2 Adults with children $12. Hours Tuesday - Saturday 10:00 - 4:00, Sunday 1:00 - 4:00, closed Mondays and University holidays. This could be an option if it is chilly or raining.

A good web site to view the selection of antique stores in Lincoln is www.antiquemalls.com/stores/NE/Lincoln It lists the name, location, hours, etc.

Misty's Restaurant, Billy's, Engine House Cafe(located in an old firehouse),The Green Gatteau, Grandmother's, Parthenon Restaurant(Greek), Oven(Indian), China Buffet and Mongolian Grill, El Sito(Mexican), Parker's(bar-b-que) are a few restaurants. Some of these give senior discounts, be sure to ask as it is not always automatic. IMO Stauffers' pies at their 2 restaurant locations are not good, horrible tasting crust.

Have you already visited the Madison County Iowa covered bridges? These are south of Des Moines. When I think of covered bridges, I don't really think of the ones by Lincoln.

Please feel free to ask additional questions.

Sd
Level Contributor
294 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good places to eat around Antique shop areas

THank you s much for your information. I was thinking of stopping Finke Gardens and Nursery.

One of the sites you recommended took me to the Haymarket District. That appears to be a good place to visit also.

Would you know a site where we might find estates sales going on this coming weekend?

Thanks again,

LadyFeathers

Lincoln, NE
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
671 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good places to eat around Antique shop areas

Estate Sales & Services Tagged By DEB

(402) 499-3126

1601 S 15th St

Lincoln, NE 68502

I have been to some of her sales, but don't know if she has one this week-end.

Other possible sources, but I don't know if they have any estate sales this week-end.

Devriendt D Estate Sales, D Devriendt Estate Services

2814 Winthrop Road

Lincoln, NE 68502-5221 (402) 483-6417

Those Girl's Tag Sales

5521 S 68th St

Lincoln, NE 68516

(402) 421-3312

Ford & Ford Auctioneers

2000 W Denton Rd, Lincoln, NE 68523

(402) 475-7312

Lincoln, NE 68502

4. Re: Good places to eat around Antique shop areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2012, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln