We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small getaway - need restaurant and bar suggestions

Sioux City, Iowa
Level Contributor
5 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Small getaway - need restaurant and bar suggestions

My fiance and I will be in town this Saturday for a concert at Knickerbockers. We are staying at the Holiday Inn a block away and will leave Sunday afternoon. Looking for a great, local lunch and dinner spots for Saturday and a brunch spot for Sunday. Also looking for places to get drinks Saturday night. We're Husker fans, so a good Husker bar would be fun. I'd prefer to stay around walking distance of our hotel for dinner and drinks, but am open to anywhere in the city for lunch and brunch. Any good breweries?

Thanks in advance,

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small getaway - need restaurant and bar suggestions

Holiday inn is very close to the Rail yard area.

Great spots to eat within walking distance for lunch and dinner all around.

I love Leadbelly and flat water bistro.

Lazlos has a brewery. Great local craft beers.

Tons of options down there. Mellow mushroom pizza is good. About four differnt sushi places. The rail yard is where it's at for the new food spots. And there is a game this Saturday. Every bar downtown will be a fun husker bar.

My fav breakfast spot is Cooks cafe. On a sun. There will be a wait, but worth it. The chicken fried steak is delicious. And the small hometown feel can't be beat....

Happy travels

Mentioned in this post
372 Reviews
Lincoln, NE
2. Re: Small getaway - need restaurant and bar suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2015, 15:15
Get answers to your questions about Lincoln
Recent Conversations