We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Genoa or Lake Tahoe

Which Genoa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
1 post
Save Topic
Stay in Genoa or Lake Tahoe

Hi,

We are exchanging a time share for August 07 and its between two resorts. There is The Ridge at Tahoe, and David Walley's Resort in Genoa. Being a first time visitor to the Tahoe area. Which resort would you pick? Is is better to be closer to hub or further away? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Upstate S.C.
Level Contributor
343 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Genoa or Lake Tahoe

This response is very late. Just discovered the Genoa forum.

There is no comparison between Genoa and The Ridge, if you are into skiing. The Ridge is to die for, for skiers. Genoa, well, maybe for those who wish to spot an eagle (or buzzard).

It is without doubt better to be closer to South Lake at The Ridge.

near Canyon, CA
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Stay in Genoa or Lake Tahoe

there's not going to be much skiing opportunity in the SIerras in August, though!~ (I'm a California native who's lived mostly on the coast but spent 6 years living in California's Sierra foothills...I know whereof I speak.) swimming, a historic horse-rental stable for trail ridewes 9we did get a little rain on us last time I rode there en route home from Walleys in June, some snow going over Echo Pas but not enough to stick...

Genoa is a pretty little valley. I'm not entirely wild about the condos there, and think Walleys could have been made into more of a historic inn-type spa instead, in the manner of the old Claifnira retrets that were revived in the 70s..but then I don't call myself Retro-Gal on this forum for nothing.

the food is okay though I'd like more vegetarian options, and, hey, it;s a hot springs with a decent swimming pool. when ilve been there before I've met good people who were staying there.

personally I LIKE the family-freindly feeling and usually travel with my teenaged daughter. you can call her an "unsupervised underaged kid" if you like, I guess...we've been called worse. she's a well behaved, consdierate young person who is independent and doesn;t make much nosie or bug people (except maybe me...)

those who need a "romantic getaway" should probably book a room with a private spa and not expect to be all alone in an area with a swimming pool and six soaking pools that makes its living by renting day passes to the public...

3. Re: Stay in Genoa or Lake Tahoe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Genoa
More Genoa Topics