We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunrise spots

New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sunrise spots

Hi there,

We're going to be staying at the Hyatt next weekend. Are there any good spots nearby to watch the sunrise from?

Thank you!

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
257 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunrise spots

I hope you don't mean over the lake. The Hyatt is on the east shore which means you'll be facing west = sunset. If you do want to catch a sunrise, you'll need to take a 10-15 minute ride up to the Mt. Rose summit and catch it come up over an eastern mountain range of the Nevada high desert. If you're okay with a sunset, you'll be just fine watching from the Hyatt's beach.

Long Barn...
Level Contributor
4,717 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunrise spots

The Hyatt at Incline Village is located at the northern most part of Lake Tahoe. From this vantage point you will see the sunshine first on the mountains to the west side of Lake Tahoe and move down to lake level on the west shore. Because Lake Tahoe is located in a basin, I have never found sunrise and sunset to be all that great.

I have to agree with Hudson- the Mt. Rose sunrise is a good idea and not far away.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,482 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunrise spots

I've never had the opportunity to see a sunrise while staying at the Hyatt, due to the information above, but have some beautiful photos of the sunset over the lake.

Two great places to go see the sunset, are to sit out around the fire pits in front of the Lone Eagle Grille or go up the mountain a mile to The Big Water Grille. Sit out on the deck at Happy Hour, they have some nice specials.

http://www.bigwatergrille.com/barlounge.html

4. Re: Sunrise spots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2016, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Incline Village