We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the weather like in October

Florida
1 post
Save Topic
What's the weather like in October

Hi all. We just booked a vacation at the Embassy in South Lake Tahoe for October 22nd. What is the average temps usually like that time of year?

We are going with my 9 year old as well as my paretns...any suggestions that might be fun for all ages? Thanks so much

Mentioned in this post
South Lake Tahoe
South Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe (California), CA
Sarasota, FL
Level Contributor
190 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the weather like in October

We traveled to Lake Tahoe last October expecting to hike and ended up snowboarding instead. It's a crapshoot in October, it could be sunny and mild during the day and cold at night or it could just as easily snow the entire time and be freezing during the day and night. It's a great time no matte what!!

Mentioned in this post
Minnesota
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the weather like in October

We are heading out this week for 8 days and have been watching the weather--so far it has been between 60 and 70 degrees during the day--nights have been as low as 21 degrees--I am from Minnesota so a sweatshirt will do for me, being from Florida better pack the long johns and a winter coat--laugh-laugh! Trust me you will really enjoy the crisp air--make sure to take many deep breathes as you will never find cleaner air anywhere!!! Make sure you take your 9 year old to Sugarpine State Park--Collect many sugar pine cones for show and tell at school--they are huge and will be a fun conversation piece for either a boy or girl at school. Ski resorts ar eusually not opened at this time--the 1st to open is usually Heavenly the week before Thanksgiving---if you can take the tram to the top--the trip is well worth the money----get off the beaten path of the 60 miles around the lake and just venture in someplace--houses are spectacular--a GPS is suggested--laugh-laugh--have a good time--I am sure you will be back!

Placerville, CA
Level Contributor
398 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the weather like in October

The Western Regional Climate Center's website says that the October average max temperature is 59 degrees F, minimum temp is 32 degrees F, rain is 1.8 inches, snowfall 2.6 inches.

Of course, that all depends! My friend went camping last weekend and it was 26 degrees at night!

The website is:

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?cataho+nca

California
Level Contributor
10,862 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the weather like in October

This Sept has been especially cool around here. We always go at the end of Sept and the weather is usually perfect. Nice for shorts and shirts during the day but not this year. Much colder. I suspect it will continue the cold spell.