We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach, VA
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

I've been looking for a hotel for just one night... Saturday. I'm finding several hotels that say they don't allow Saturday check-in. Is that the norm? Is it likely to change the closer I get to my check-in date? Or am I just destined to spend 200 bucks on a late check-in at a hotel I'm unlikely to enjoy?

Belvidere, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

We found this to be quite common. Are you trying to book on the hotel website or a 3rd party booker? We did eventually get around this, but I don't remember how.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

we are planning a saturday trip. lots of hotels are listed on travel sites as not having saturday check-ins, but most of those will let you check in on saturday if you book through the hotel website. i only found a couple hotels that i was interested in that didn't allow saturday check-ins on their websites. the hotel websites usually had prices that were as good or better than the travel sites anyway.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
605 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

We also had this problem. We had to book through i4vegas.com to get the Golden Nugget on a Sat. night. Even some of the other 3rd party sites would not take us. One even called me at home after the reservation was made that they could not do it. I had no problem with i4vegas.com taking the booking and they were cheaper than the hotel site.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

how strange, I've never heard of this before. I can see how it makes sense, but still..... is it a Vegas-only thing?

Florida
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

Apparently this is pretty common in Vegas. Never experienced it anywhere else. Lots of people leave for their vacations on Saturday after all.

We decided to leave on Friday instead. Gee, an extra day in Vegas....that is pretty tough to take.

Level Contributor
7,681 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

Orleans allows Saturday only stays and is one of the top rated hotels in Las Vegas. Most Saturdays are $160 or less.

Baytown, Texas
Level Contributor
562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

Krisabelle,

What hotels are you looking at staying at? I just bookd one night with a Saturday check in for May 7, didn't really come across any problems at all. Just thought if you could tell me which ones you are looking at, I could run by you the ones that I found I could check in on Sat.

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

"What hotels are you looking at staying at? I just bookd one night with a Saturday check in for May 7,"

What hotel were you able to get that Saturday only for? I mean it only is Kentucky Derby Day and Cinco de Mayo weekend.

Austin, TX.
Level Contributor
4,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

Krisabelle wrote:

1. "Is it likely to change the closer I get to my check-in date?

2. Or am I just destined to spend 200 bucks on a late check-in

3. at a hotel I'm unlikely to enjoy?"

You really have three questions, so I'll break them dow in 3 answers.

1. Yes, but you will need to wait until after 6pm the Friday before you are planning on staying. this way the hotels will know how many Friday/Sat. guests they have confirmed and a number of rooms will open up if not sold out. (I would not rec. this on May 6). this weekend will probably get sold out, esp. Sat.

2. $200, very likely. Based on VM quote for Orleans of $160, that means Golden Nugget will be $200 or so and every place else will be much higher than usual, i.e. they might be gettin $100 at Circus Circus, YIKES.

3. This all depends on where you end up with a room. Places you can't go wrong with at some of the best (comparison wise) rates are Orleans, Golen Nugget and Monte Carlo.

Good luck.

CA
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Saturday check-in... a FAUX PAS?

A Saturday check in has always been difficult for us. We try to avoid driving from CA to Las Vegas on a Friday and Friday flights are usually booked well in advance so we go with a Saturday to Monday weekend trip.

I usually have to search the net for rooms and have booked a few through vegashotels.com or travelworm.