We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon Tours

Ohio
Level Contributor
541 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon Tours

Just wondered if anyone has done these and have any suggestions on what to do or not to do or if it is really worth the money. Grand Canyon one is kind of pricey.

Grand Adventures Tours
Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Photography Tours, Bus Tours
Maverick Helicopters
Helicopter Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Red Electric Bike Tours
Bike Tours, Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Ohio
Level Contributor
541 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon Tours

Any suggestions regarding other sites in Vegas?

Wales, Uk
Level Contributor
369 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon Tours

Hia. Took this tour in 2004. I had two pre teen kids with me and it was a loooonnnngggg day! The trip started at 5 am with a "breakfast" which was a muffin and cup of juice. Then we waited 45 mins to load onto a bus. We stopped for lunch (included in price). but strongly suggest you take your own! Two stops at designated spots in Gc. I reckon there was adequate time but it really depends what you want to do there? On the way was a 20 min photo stop at hoover. Coming home, a stop at an "outpost"....really a mini mart that sold souvenirs, groceries etc? The tours are expensive but they do take the guesswork out of the trip? if you want to hike/hanglide etc? go it alone....if you just want to see..and say you HAVE seen the Gc then a tour is ok! Bookable at any hotel and at strip kiosks! Enjoy.

3. Re: Hoover Dam/Grand Canyon Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 12:17