We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

I'm heading to Las Vegas with my husband for the first time from June 2-6 and I'm having trouble deciding between these three hotels.

Aladdin is the cheapest while the other two are only about $100 dearer for the entire stay.

I think I prefer NY, NY, but I'm not sure what the pool is like. I heard it was being upgraded.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Special Offer
Grand Canyon All American Helicopter...
6,721 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$494.95
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,104 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Deluxe Grand Canyon All American...
511 reviews
from US$426.99*
US$527.50
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Grand Canyon Skywalk...
404 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

Aladdin is mid strip...i would recommend it . I stayed there in October and it was an excellent location. Attached to it are the Dessert Passage Shops...hundreds of stores. Perfect location.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

Luxor would be my last choice of the three. NYNY would be my first, but if the pool is important- these three might not be the best choice. I would look into the Flamingo, Mirage, or MGM if the pool is one of the key factors.

DC/NOVA
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

Of the three, I would pick Aladdin first. I don't particularly care for NYNY and have never been to Luxor. Aladdin is definitely the nicest.

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

tinker

we are going the same time and are having a similar problem deciding !!

We stayed in the Luxor the first time we came and injoyed it. The rooms were nice and it is quite an impressive hotel. Only thing we didn't like was the pool. The Aladdin is nice and central.

I think we are going to stay in the Signature but am not sure. I've seen reports of noise from the coaster in some rooms in the NYNY.

I wouldn't worry about it that much as all the hotels are great compared to the UK !!.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

I would strongly recommend you go for Aladdin.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

I would go with Luxor, but Aladdin is nice too.

Virginia
Level Contributor
172 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

Aladdin because it's center strip and where all the action is.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
230 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

NYNY would be my choice. with the bridge going to MGM, you really get acess to both hotels. But as said, their pool is below average for vegas strip.

Fue
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

Just got back form 5 nights at the Luxor which we enjoyed & we were able to swim in their outside pool.

Sorry didn't see the pool at New york New York but the hotel looked good,

I would want a very good rate to stay at the Alladin at the moment. LOTS of constuction work both inside & outside the hotel.

10. Re: NY, NY or Aladdin or Luxor?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 00:17