We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

I just booked my tickets.

I was reading all the reviews. Some love it some hate it.

I am curious, does this show have the usual good light and sound effects and acrobats or is it something different.

My 1st cirque show ... hope I like it ...

Kennewick...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

I've seen Ka, Mystere, and Love. First of all, I have loved each and every one of them. I saw Mystere first and Ka topped it. Then I saw Love and it was close. But, Ka was probably the most spectacular for me. There is a story, and the feats and action and dramatic sounds all happen within this storytelling. I just LOVE the wall structure and how it moves and what happens with it. I won't say more, so as not to ruin it.

Enjoy,,, I bet you will love it.

Woodland Park...
Level Contributor
3,284 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

It seems that way with all Cirque shows. People either love them or hate them. I have to say I was worried about the divided reviews for LOVE before I saw it, and I was blown away. I'm not even a Beatles child but I thought the music and production was fantastic. I also really enjoyed O although the plot line completely escaped me. I'm an engineer so the technical aspects of the set/water was really amazing.

Personally, I think CDS is not for everyone, and that's while you'll always read bad reviews of all of them.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

because people are different, not everyone has the same tatste.

KA is my least fav of the CDS hows, no right or wrong answer - something for everyone. My fav is O.

I hated mama mia, love the rolling stones, hate boxing, like carrot top. so what?

pick a show based on your tastes.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

No one show (hotel, restaurant) is going to please every person. I have seen Mystere (twice), O, Love and Ka. I loved Mystere the most followed by O. I also liked Love but it is not a typical CdS show- the emphasis is on the music. After I saw Love in Augsut I swore I would not see another Cirque show. Then I went back in November with a friend who wanted to see Ka- so I went. I wasn't impressed but it might be that I have really been Cirque-d out for real this time. I don't care how many other Cirque shows they open- no matter where they are, no matter what they are- I am not going to see it.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

To me, Ka was the most spectacular. I really don't understand why so many people it.

It still has the good lighting, sound and acrobatics, but it also has tons of other technological marvels that the other shows are lacking. I thought that added to the show. Some of the scenes actually made me very tense since I was so worried someone was going to fall and get hurt in this craziness. The only other show that made me feel that was was the hula hoop girl in Zumanity, but I was more worried about her dropping all her hoops than actually falling. Ka also has a storyline, but I didn't think it added anything to the show.

A lot of the Ka-haters seem to be Cirqued-out, so since this is your first one, there's not much possibility of that happening.

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

Edit: ...why so many people HATE it.

Sorry.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

i don't think people HATE it - it is just not everyone's favorite.

i see at least 1 and sometimes 2 CDS shows every trip, since they are the shows our guests want to see. i never tire of them.

read the official websites descriptions and pick one that seems to suit you. O has the water feauture, KA has an amazing moving stage, all have special effects. You can't go wrong.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. After 'O' and Mystere and every other Cirque show that seemed like nothing but pure acrobatics, I thought KA was a breath of fresh air. I think it was that it told a story and that the stage was unlike one I had ever seen. I am not sure how one can't like it, unless they are expecting your typical Cirque show of bouncing off of mini tramps and swinging from the ceiling. Don't get me wrong, I liked that sort of thing the first time, but after a while yyaawwnn.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

To each his own I guess. I loved Ka.Everyone raves about O and that is my least favorite Cirque in Vegas.I would love to see Ka,Mystere or Love again, but I would not pay to see O again.

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: why such contradicting reviews about KA cirque show ?

Well it truely is "To each, his own." We loved Mystere but Ka left us wanting in the traditional Cirque type show. We would go to Mystere. We would buy two popcorns this time though. People who have been will know why. But we would not go to Ka again. We enjoyed it but not for the price and from what I've read of Love we would not spend those prices to see it either. Our next trip we plan on seeing "O". We would also go back to Zumanity too. It took me a while to stop laughing after that show and I'll never look at a glass of Champagne the same way again. ;)