We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayne Newton still performing?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Topic
Wayne Newton still performing?

Does anyone know if Wayne Newton is still performing? Didn't see anything on vegas.com. Are there any "old vegas" acts still around?

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

I could swear at the all star basketball game he was lip-sync'g his song (sp?)...and his voice STILL was gone.

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

Thank God no. He hasn't been able to carry a tune for the last decade. He did perform a Xmas show, and a rarel performance here and there, but no Hotel will ever put him on as a regular act.

However after reviews of the XMAS show, I doubt anyone would ever book him again.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

Sherry . . . I thought the same thing. It was sad, wasn't it?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

I'm not sure if you'll consider him "old vegas" or not, but I saw Tom Jones at MGM last month and was really impressed. That guy still has pipes and can really put on a show! I know he's playing later in the year at MGM too, so you might want to check your dates.

texas
Level Contributor
514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

MR Wayne Newton is a has been, over the hill singer.

He is cheap for parties ,weddings , etc.

Just be sure he does not attempt to sing.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

I too saw Wayne perform on the NBA All-Star Game. If anything, he may have confirmed that nostalgic or (like me) curious potential patrons should *not* purchase a ticket to his show. His voice is way gone... but he can play a mean fiddle though! ; )

On a similar note, why did Danny Gans need backup singers to perform the national anthem? I found that rather odd. If I were him, it wouldn't give me confidence in my natural singing voice.

I actually thought the Cirque du Soleil performer who sung the Canadian national anthem was better than either of those two.

Houston Texas
Level Contributor
345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

I can't believe you TA posters.

WAYNE IS LAS VEGAS!

Yes his voice may be gone, can't carry a tune but what a showman.

I would still pay to see him. At least one last time!

For those of you fans of old western movies, I can't help it...

There never was a man like WAYNE.

Wayne, Wayne ... Come back Wayne....

For those who don;t get it. Google "Alan Ladd and Shane and Western Movie"

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

Hubby heard on entertainment news today that Wayne Newton has signed on with Harrah's.

NH
Level Contributor
496 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

I don't care what anyone has to say, I think he is is great for the Xmas shows. He puts you in the holiday spirit. He is a great entertainer, however his voice is not that good anymore but I would not let that stop you from seeing him.

Wayne Newton is and always will be Mr. Las Vegas!

10. Re: Wayne Newton still performing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 11:17