We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM Grand prices.

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Accrington
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
MGM Grand prices.

I am looking to book 10 days at MGM Grand from 24 july 07. The price direct with the hotel is $1853/ £947. I know about booking and rebooking but would like an idea of wether this price is about right for this time of year.

central IL
Level Contributor
346 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM Grand prices.

Not sure about July, but I recently booked MGM using my players card and have a rate of $69.00 per night Sunday - Tuesday (have no idea what that translates to in pounds). I believe that generally the rates are lower in Summer.

Did you use a players card to book?

Penny

M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM Grand prices.

biggerjohn. July is hot and after the 4th of July rates can run low @ MGM . Sometimes $49.00/night during week and $100 on weekends. The air must be your biggest expense. Sign up on the MGM/Mirage web site for email specials (you can check the boes as to all or some of the hotels) if you can wait you may want to book direct with MGM and do the air separate.

Minnesota City...
Level Contributor
3,169 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM Grand prices.

That's an interesting price. Are you booking a Grand Tower Room?

When I go to their Website for those dates, I come up with two different prices . . . depending upon how I search.

If I enter the date of 24 July 2007 for 10 nights and search for availability, I get a daily rate of $169.90 for a total of $1,699.90 (obviously). The rate for a West Wing King for those dates comes up as $1,899.90.

If I click on the rate calendar for July 2007, I get . . . $190, $170, $130, $210, $230, $130, $130, $130, $130 and $130 for a total of $1,580.

I would question the rate you have.

It is too early for any rate reductions to come out yet for July. You see something in May or June.

Accrington
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM Grand prices.

thanks for the replies. the price i listed was just for the hotel. the flights are seperate..

Los Gatos...
Level Contributor
24,950 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM Grand prices.

If you haven't already, sign up for the Players Club to take advantage of good prices that may come out between now and your stay. You can't pick up the card until you arrive at the hotel, and then show your ID.

https:/…

London, United...
Level Contributor
561 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM Grand prices.

John,

That seems very expensive - i just checked out their website and they have $1699 for the Grand Tower rooms (nice, spacious) and $1899 for the West Wing (newer, but much smaller rooms).

You have a few options. You can either book direct with the hotel and then keep checking the website. Call them if the rate drops and they will honour the lower rates (seems strange to us, I know, but they are really helpful and it's very simple to do).

You could wait a while and see if they start offering deals - follow the other TA's advice and join the Players Club and sign up for emails. I NEVER get anything from them, maybe because we're in the UK, but it can't hurt.

Check out the package prices - we have had some good deals this way, though we do usually book straight with the MGM. Check out www.Vegas.com.

Finally, you might want to consider splitting your stay between a couple of hotels. Over Christmas we did 3 nights at the Venetian and 4 at the MGM, and it's nice to check out different hotels and be based at different ends of the Strip. Transferring was easy, though may not be convenient if there's a crowd of you or you are travelling with children.

Hope this helps!

Jo

san diego...
Level Contributor
594 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM Grand prices.

last year i went to vegas for my birthday during the second week of july. i originally booked the rate at 79.99 but as it got closer to the rate it went down to 69.99 and i think 59.99 (this is all for weekdays) i believe the weekends were 89.99 or 79.99. wait until may, i noticed that was when i booked it. hope this helps!

loved the hotel btw. it is now my absolute favorite!!! especially for the pools

8. Re: MGM Grand prices.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 14:17