We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

We had a 6:30am departure on Friday and arrived in Vegas at 9am. Hopped onto Showtime Shuttle and headed to Caesar’s Palace. Of course it was too early to check in, so we left our luggage at the Bell desk and proceeded to get the lay of the land. We have been there before but it had been a couple of years, so we needed to get a feel for a layout again. This place is HUGE. After we walked around a bit, we got some lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. I definitely recommend the lunch portions, even those were filling. Lunch cost about $45 for two lunches and two drinks (alcohol). After lunch we checked in. They start check in at 1-1:30pm. Fortunately our room was ready and we were tired. We were up at 3:30 that morning. The front desk agent told us that our room was newly renovated and it was great yada yada yada. I already knew we were in the Palace tower but when we got to the room, the only thing different from my last stay was a newer dresser and headboard and an LCD television. Don’t get me wrong, any improvement is good but it’s just a TV and headboard. The bathroom remained the same as I remember. We took at nap and left the room around 5:30pm and headed for the Tropicana via taxi $10 incl. tip. We had tickets for the Comedy Stop at 7:30, the show actually started at 8. The show was great! After the show we walked to NYNY and had dinner at Chin Chin. We ate around 10pm local time, but for us it was 1am the next day! The food was good. The bill was $41 incl. tip (appetizer and two entrees), no drinks. Rachel Ray would be slightly proud! I’m am including prices to help fellow travelers going in, who may want some sort of reference and in no way am I trying to show monies spent for any other satisfaction other than to help. We took a taxi back to the hotel, same price as going. We hit the sack!

Day two, time is all a blur. We go to Margaritaville for lunch and had a great time. That bill was pushing $70 due to drinks. May I add the best frozen margarita I had was at this small bar in Caesars across from FAO Schwarz. I don’t remember seeing a name but one side makes pizza; didn’t look that great and then there is a bar at the other end opposite of that place. So after Margaritaville, we walked to Bally’s where we went to The Price is Right Live. Search for the Price is Right and you will see my thoughts on the show. We walked around some more then stopped at the Bellagio for the 5 minute fountain show. After that we headed back to Mville for a drink to go! Got on board the Deuce ($4 for two one way) sans the drinks and headed to the Wynn for dinner. I hope I don’t upset anyone because I know buffets in Vegas are almost up there with religion and politics but I did not like the buffet. Let me say the dessert station was good; I had a crepe and a piece of cheesecake. The desserts are all 2”x2” squares or very similar. The crepes were regular size. They had crab legs which were huge and split already which is a plus. The minus is they had no flavor. They were super soggy dripping with water. The shrimp were peeled – a plus, minus also a little watery. Lamb was tough, they had prime rib but I did not try it as well as duck and the reason is after trying some other stuff already I couldn’t eat anymore. They did have sushi and rolls which were good. There was also an Italian station, which had osso bucco, pasta with alfredo sauce and a rolletini of some sort. Boyfriend had OB and said not bad. It just seemed very limited with you think of an Italian station. They also had a chef preparing made to order pasta which was only a choice of one – bow tie with an option of alfredo, pesto or marinara. One other thing which was more a nuisance was the dinnerware. Let me explain. The plates were this oval funky shape so the crab legs were almost falling off and then dessert was already set in bowls. Because they are so small and you want to try a couple of things, your table is littered with bowls and weird shaped plates. It would have been easier if you could use tongs or something to create on sampler plate. That’s just my observation, even if the food were phenomenal I would have noticed the dishes. It was definitely not worth the $90.

Day three. We had reservations for the Sterling Brunch but did not go simply because of the experience at the Wynn. We started second guessing the value. We ended up at Bally’s Brunch. It was great. Prime rib, waffles, desserts in smaller dishes hahaha made to order omelets; I think that was $60 or so. We walked to the Mirage to see the White Tiger exhibit. There was only one Tiger and we were fortunate to see her walk around and be a normal Tiger in Captivity. It’s my understanding that these felines sleep for 14-18 hours a day. I got some good photos. If anyone is wondering, we are not gamblers. I did play the slots just because I was in Vegas and lost 7 large between day one and two, yes 7 whole dollars playing the .01 and .02 slots. We had a great time at it and that’s what matters! My favorites were Top Dollar and Hot Shots. After nap time and watching some of the bass master tournament highlights we headed for dinner. Ate at the Stage Deli in the hotel, the food was tasty, dessert not that great for me. I had a slice of pie and boyfriend had the 7 layer cake. He liked his but could not finish it. Their cheesecakes slices are huge. Again that bill was about $40 no alcohol. We did drink but we were buying drinks on the go and different bars, so the average cost of two were about $15.

Day Four. We pack and have the bellman take our luggage. We head to the Paris hotel for breakfast. It was buffet style and quite good. After breakfast we did more walking and headed to FAO to play air hockey and the basketball arcade games. This is where I’ll throw in age; we are late 20’s and early 30’s hahaha. By now it’s 1pm and we’re waiting for our shuttle to take us to the airport. Our flight was 4pm back we got back east at midnight, home at 1:30am.

Although Vegas is not our normal vacation style, we are more island folks, we had a Great Time!

kansas city
Level Contributor
548 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

glad you enjoyed your trip. nice trip report.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,092 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

Thanks for the TR. I did not know that the animals slept that long.

Sounds like you had a good time. Always having an alcoholic beverage in your hand....that's the way to vacation. Thanks for sharing...and the prices of the meals listed is definately a plus. Gives us an idea of what to expect and plan for.

Nantes, France
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

I really enjoy your TR especially information on bills which is very useful for me. I'll be there in May.

Owings Mills...
Level Contributor
871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

Thanks!

Also, the shuttle to the strip hotels with Showtime was $10 roundtrip for each of us. We called to schedule our return the day before we were to leave. That's what they recommended. One other thing about the airport is there seemed to be limited food options if you want to bring stuff on board. I know it's not a huge airport like EWR. We had to go to the A gates. There was a chili's before security and after security a Burger King, we walked to the B gates and there is a bar, starbucks and a place selling packaged sandwiches and salads and I think you can get a hot dog. We were told A didn't have much, there was a starbucks but it wasn't opened that's why we went over to B. They need a subway!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,608 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

Good TR glad you had a great time.

6. Re: My Trip to Vegas 2/23-26

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 05:28