We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Allegiant Air and wedding dress

South Beloit, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Allegiant Air and wedding dress

I was wondering if anyone has taken as a carry-on a wedding dress with Allegiant Air? My daughter will not put it in baggage as she is afraid of it possibly getting lost. Frankly so am I, even though I've never lost any baggage with Allegiant. When I called Allegiant they said to ship it to the hotel via insured Fedex as they have no place to put it. She's not fond of that idea either. She wouldn't mind if it was folded over and put in the top rack of the plane even though it would need pressing after our arrival. We're just concerned that it might take up too much room and then have to put it in baggage. Anyone who's flown Allegiant with recommendations for this would be greatly appreciated. If we must ship it Fedex then she'll have to deal with it. At least it would be insured and she'd just have to get a rack dress in Vegas. Thanks.

us
Level Contributor
9,142 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

I would ship it to the hotel. We attend many formal events in LV and always ship the attire ahead of time - ship it to arrive one day before you do and confirm receipt of package w/ hotel. They handle this all the time - call the hotel, tell the O what you want to do and they will connect you with the proper person.

why is you daughter hesitant to ship - UPS and fedEx are in the shipping business!!

We shipp tuxedos, clothing and golf clubs ahead of time regularly - UPS or FedEx, they are fine.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,113 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

"When I called Allegiant they said to ship it to the hotel via insured Fedex as they have no place to put it."

I think that's your answer, then. It's obvious that they have no place to put it, and how would you get it in an overhead bin that other people are expecting to use for their carryon items?

South Beloit, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

Thanks for the responses. She's just a bride worried about not having the dress she picked out for her special day. Today she has agreed that shipping it will be the best option. Fedex here we come. Of course she doesn't want to take away from other people using the overhead. Only thing is there's 9 of us sitting together on the same flight and none of us taking a carry-on. That was my reasoning for asking about that. Regards to all.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,197 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

I agree if shes that nervous ship via Fedex very reliable have used them many times.Never had a problem.

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

I think FEDex is very reliable. Question though - does she have a direct flight? Pretty unlikely luggage would be lost on a direct flight.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
54,113 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

"Pretty unlikely luggage would be lost on a direct flight."

A direct flight will stop at another airport and off-load luggage for people at that destination. Still not likely they would lose luggage, but possible I suppose.

A non-stop flight would be an even better option. But it sounds like they're using FedEx so I think it's a moot point.

South Beloit, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

Yes Loveland, We have a direct flight out of Rockford, IL. FedEx is very reliable. Just a nervous bride. When we get to Vegas and her dress is there, all will be OK. :)

Loveland, Colorado
Level Contributor
4,215 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

I'm sorry I meant non-stop. I understand about being nervous. Not having your wedding dress for any unforeseen reason would be a nightmare for a bride. Glad you're just shipping. Piece of mind!

When is the big day?

South Beloit, IL
Level Contributor
290 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

Her big day is April 18th at Little Chapel of the Flowers. Six more weeks and I'll have a son-in-law! Do they shovel for their mother-in-law? I'm hoping the snow quits by April. We live on the IL/WI border and it's not been a nice winter here. As many other parts of the US.

Ohio
Level Contributor
211 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Allegiant Air and wedding dress

I shipped my wedding dress via UPS and it was waiting at THeHotel when I arrived. (They will charge you to hold it at the hotel mail/business center, so please be advised.)

When I boarded my flight on Continental there were 5 other Brides fighting for the closet space. I just sat back relaxed an happy I sent mine UPS.

:)