We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap food

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
cheap food

going to be in vegas from the 12th to the 17th, cant wait. taking 24 and 21 year old "kids", costs are adding up quickly being spring break weekend so I was wondering if you guys had any cheap food suggestions. I've read about ellis island, and I am sure we will spring for a nice meal or two, but any suggestions for places to eat that won't break the budget? don't need to eat fancy (well the 21 year old thinks she does if we are paying the bill!) just decent. we are staying at the Orleans, but have a car. thanks

Special Offer
Grand Canyon Helicopter Tour with...
6,567 reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,034 reviews
from US$142.99*
US$224.90
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim Helicopter Tour...
570 reviews
from US$369.99*
US$479.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon Skywalk Skip-the-Line...
388 reviews
from US$499.99*
US$541.00
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
5,808 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap food

Google cheapovegas.com.,lots of good tips

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap food

What kind of food do you all like? Being a little bit west of the strip, you'll have lots of options.

cleveland ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap food

we like mexican, italian, and your typical steak, chicken, pizza, two of us like seafood. thanks for the help I'll check that web site..

Michigan
Level Contributor
336 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap food

I bring a small cooler to have some food in the room. Package of lunch meat/bagels/chips etc. It isn't all about money with me, part of the issue is I get up early and my wife doesn't. I even keep milk in the cooler for cereal in the morning. I don't care to eat alone in restaurants and the light meal holds me over. When I meet my wife at the pool, we eat there or run back up to the room and have a sandwich or something. In the evening we go out and have a nice dinner.

I generally do this on longer trips (1 week), not so much for a weekend type trip. It is kind of a hassle pulling it all together, but it is great once you're in the room.

Springfield, Va
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap food

Cheapo is good. Also try vegas.com and click on "Insider tips" then Dining and lastly "dining bargains ". Should help too.

Middletown, New York
Level Contributor
529 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap food

Plenty of inexpensive places right there at Orleans, including the buffet. You might be pleasantly surprised.

Also, like mama says, there are plenty of fast food and sandwich joints in the Orleans neighborhood. If you have a car, you're set.

ohio
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap food

If you like burgers, In & Out Burger is a great "cheap" lunch choice.

ATTLEBORO
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap food

Last July, Ellis Island had an awesome steak dinner for something like $4.95. I was very skeptical, but it truly was a good steak. Came with salad, potato and veggie. It's off strip, down the street that runs between Bally's and Barbary Coast (now Bill's?), then right on the next street down. I'm sure they have a website. I HOPE they still have that deal, as we're going in April!

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap food

You are staying @ Orleans, food doesn't get any less expensive than what you will find there. $6 breakfast buffet there cannot be beat. Terrible Mikes is great for burgers, fries, dogs for less than $6. Don Miguels is really good Mexican and cheap. Sazio is pretty good Italian and inexpensive. Prime Rib Loft is the best Prime Rib joint in town and the largest entree with all the trimmings is $21, more like 15 to 18 for normal appetites. Courtyard cafe is dirt cheap for late might specials when they get beer munchies.

So there you go, you don't have to leave the Orleans to find bargains and variety

Level Contributor
8,463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: cheap food

Forgot to add the Orleans dinner buffet always has seafood, and Monday is seafood buffet and Wednesday is steak buffet.