We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks in Vegas...................

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,340 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks in Vegas...................

Ok, I need to approach this subject.

A lot of people (mostly Americans) are saying that 2 weeks in Vegas is too long a stay. I have to disagree.For most people from the UK, this is their one holiday/vacation a year and it is a long way to travel just for a few days or even a week (it takes me three days to get over jet lag).

I find people saying "I hope you're not going to spend all the time in Vegas".................why not? There's plenty to do and see.

This September will be our 4th visit to Vegas and we're staying for two glorious weeks again.....................and we can't wait.

Jersey
Level Contributor
31,600 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

I have stayed in a Vegas hotel for 12 days ( and in a private home for 2/3 months). I would definitely get off strip for some of the time. If you haven't gone to the Grand Canyon- an overnight trip would be great. Rent a car and go see some other places during the day- Hoover Dam/Lake Mead/ Valley of Fire, Red Rock Canyon, Mt. Charleston, etc. Have you been to any of these or any other day trips? If not- you are missing out on some great scenery.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

i could spend 2 weeks in vegas, but i would have to have a car so i could make day trips away from the city and i would want to split my stay between different hotels... maybe a few nights downtown, a few nights somewhere off strip, a few nights south strip, a few nights north strip...

Houston
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

completely understand why people from over seas do it. If I am taking only one vacation a year, it would be for 2 weeks as well. But being from the states (Texas to be exact) Vegas is 3 hours and 5 Cape Cods away. Therefore the jet lag and loosing days due to air travel does not pertain to me.

The longest I have stayed in Vegas was 7 days. The last two days would have been rough to get through if it was not for alcohol.

At any rate, I completely agree with you logic.

J

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

I totally agree with you. When we went to England we stayed 3 weekes, I wouldn't go that far to stay any less than 2. There is alot to do in Vegas, even if it;'s just laying by the pool getting over jetlag for a few days. Have a great trip!

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

We have been three times for 7 nights and once for 10 nights. 7 nights wasn't long enough and the 10 nights was slightly too long as we never left the strip.

We are going back for 11 nights in May, partly because I had food poisoning last time and was ill for 4 1/2 days of the 7 and I want to make up for it.

We have 3 shows booked and plan to see at least 3 more so that should break up the time. We are also thinking of doing a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon which will use up most of another day.

I think that 8 or 9 nights would probably be perfect for us, but you could certainly find plenty to do in 2 weeks if it's your first visit.

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,340 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

Luci, this will be our 4th visit but there are still things that we've not done.

We love the shows and try to take in as many as possible as we never know when we'll get back to Vegas.

Scotland
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

I have only ever stayed in Vegas for 7 nights on my previous visits. As you said, jet lag is a killer and I think that two weeks will be a perfect length just to take things easy and not rush through the week seeing and doing things. You can take it at an easier pace.

We are staying for two weeks this September and have decided to book our first week at T.I and our second week at the MGM. I know there isn't a huge difference in location, but whenever we have stayed at the MGM, we have rarely ventured further than the Bellagio at night as we usually walk down towards the Wynn etc during the day and are too tired to go again for a meal etc. I think that staying at two hotels will break it up slightly and make it feel a bit like two holidays.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

Hever:

Wego to Vegas twice a year, usually. One week in winter, two weeks in summer, and even after being there 2 weeks, I HATE to go home. Two MONTHS wouldn't be long enough for me.

Dee

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,340 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

I know how you feel Dee. I could just stay in Vegas forever LOL.

Two years ago when we were there, we got to the airport to find we didn't have plane because it had been sent to Mexico to rescue Brits that were stuck in the middle of a hurricane.

I was the only person on that flight that was happy to spend an extra night in Vegas.

sacramento...
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two weeks in Vegas...................

Two weeks is not too long, but I would visit some of the other popular sites off the strip during that time, maybe Hoover Dam, and some local spots as well. I could stay in Vegas for a month if I could afford it. You're going to have a blast, just make sure you bring plenty of cash. But I'm sure you already know that.