We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which hotel has the best pool?

Which Las Vegas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
which hotel has the best pool?

for me the best pool is NOT quiet and rectangular. will be going in august with my family and prefer slides and action pool. the kids are teens, leaning toward Mandalay bay, but what about MGM, TI, Mirage.

Frisco, Texas
Level Contributor
2,251 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

Given your group, and needs, I would say MGM, Mirage, and Monte Carlo in that order. Hard Rock may well be too "over the top" for your teens, and plus, it's not on the strip.

brooklyn
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

Mandalay Bay has the best pool on teh strip, hand's down no contest. We're talking WAVE pools dude. You can body surf in the pool, and theres sand even.

Only problem is it gets super crowded real quick, and its an expensive joint to stay in. I think next best choice would be Flamingo, which is also crowded.

new jersey
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

bump

lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

having never been to vegas before, can you only use the pool at a hotel if you are staying there?

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
33,862 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

julie, yes pools are for registered guests of that hotel only. Say you'd specifically picked a hotel because of its pool, you wouldn't want it overrun by people not staying there denying you the use of the amenities you'd paid for would you? Room keys are checked at busy times.

There's been a lot of theads on this forum in the past regarding people 'sneaking into pools' they shouldn't be at. Use the forum search to read all the old posts.

lancashire, UK
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

thanks blagger, that totally makes sense.

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
156 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

Flamingo has great pools. Lots of vegetation, a waterfall, very pretty. They even have an "adults only" pool if you're tired of all the hullabaloo of the main pools.

United States
Level Contributor
16,671 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

The Flamingo pool also has a great water slide. It has 3 sections, if memory serves correctly. The first section is long and really fast and as you come to the end of the first section you go under a waterfall as you enter the pool. Then there are two other shorter sections that are relatively short and slow, but still fun.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

We were at the Flamingo last August... so hot outside! The pool was excellent... loved the waterfall. Lots of trees with little mist sprayers so always could stay relatively comfortable. Loved sitting near where the kids would play because you'd get splashed and get an instant cooldown. We never had problems getting chairs together... we usually went down around 1pm until 4 or 5. Last summer they had pool parties everyday sposored by Fosters... good music, 2 for 1 drinks, minor giveaways... things like keychains, etc. I would definately stay there again for the pool... especially in the heat of August.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: which hotel has the best pool?

I would definitely say the Mirage. Stayed there last year in July and the pool was great! I have some pics, I will try to post a link to them or find the one I posted here from last year.