We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rio Buffet

Yarmouth Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
601 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Rio Buffet

I have good reviews about Rios buffet,any experienced opinions?

ohio
Level Contributor
2,525 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rio Buffet

We haven't eaten there in years but i was very good the last time we had it.

1060 W Addison...
Level Contributor
10,156 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rio Buffet

A buffet's reputation changes a lot slower than it's actual quality. 10 years ago the Rio had the best buffet in town. 5 years ago the quality was waaaay down (thanks Harrahs!) but people talked as if it were still great. Now it's gone back to what it used to be. However, while Rio's buffet has finally gotten back to its old quality, the rest of town hasn't stood still! What was a great buffet 10 years ago is now middle of the pack. It's still a good buffet, but not one worth going out of the way for.

Northville, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,883 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rio Buffet

It is one of the best.

Always a very enjoyable meal. Variety and quality are tops. There is always someone with weird tastes who will put it down, but it is a sure thing

Carrollton, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rio Buffet

We just returned from Vegas and had lunch at the Rio World Buffet. It was awesome - had an unbelievably large selection of items - every imaginable cuisine Mexican, Chinese, Italian, Mongolian Barbeque, sushi and of course, good ole American food. The dessert choice was extensive. Well worth the price.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rio Buffet

good food, great variety, real ice cream, great service, TERRIBLE line! the line was a total zoo. they have automatic pay stations that nobody knew how to use. people cut in line. it was more like a mob than a line. they would open up new lines and not tell anyone what they were for. if you were using a coupon, the wait was twice as long. it was awful.

Round Rock, Texas
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rio Buffet

btw, i've waited in the lines at aladdin, bellagio, and paris... they were as long, but they were organized and they made sense.

AZ
Level Contributor
38 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rio Buffet

I just had breakfast there last week. It was wonderful... amazing assortment of foods from traditional eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, etc. to deep-fried ravioli, nachoes w/guacamole & sour cream, and egg rolls. There were a couple people in line at the comps window, but we used the automatic pay machines so there was no wait.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rio Buffet

I had their lunch buffet in 2004. While the assortment was huge, the taste was just average to good. Nothing great. Has it improved since then?

Tavares, Florida
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
6,124 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rio Buffet

checkitout, we too, had the lunch buffet in 2004. The wait was terrible, service for drinks was nonexistant and the food was average. We wondered what all the hype was about. If it has changed we are willing to give it another try.

Boston
Level Contributor
15,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rio Buffet

I had breakfast and lunch at the Carnival World buffet in October. Breakfast was good, but not better than Mandalay bay or Paris. Lunch, on the other hand, was outstanding. You will be hard pressed to find a wider selection at any buffet on the Strip and I found the food quality was generally quite good. The dessert section is especially impressive with a lot of sugarless options. Out of a half dozen I've tried, this was by far the best lunch buffet.

I didn't have any problems with lines while I was there. Use your head and don't try to eat at the most popular meal times.