We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MGM rooms

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
MGM rooms

Hello kind of an odd question here. Trying to get out to Vegas in October friends staying at MGM got a rate of $212 per night thinking this might be the West Wing rooms that everyone says aren't that nice any thoughts on this or could they just have a good deal Trivago was the site used to book it and doesn't identify it as a West wing room. In contrast a double Queen with a view is going for 1300 for 4 nights.

Mentioned in this post
Special Offer
Grand Canyon All-American Helicopter...
6,663 Reviews
from US$399.99*
US$520.00
Special Offer
Grand Canyon West Rim and Hoover Dam...
5,164 Reviews
from US$139.99*
US$224.90
Grand Canyon 4-in-1 Helicopter Tour
918 Reviews
from US$598.99*
16 replies to this topic
M W
Foz do Iguacu, PR
Destination Expert
for Foz do Iguacu
Level Contributor
6,284 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MGM rooms

Must be a weekend. Third parties do push the WW and I hope they did not book that.

Check MLife for rates and any specials.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,412 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MGM rooms

WW rooms are smaller, no views and an odd bathroom layout. I've stayed in one solo and it was fine, but with a partner I would definitely pick the Grand Tower category instead.

California
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
44,985 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MGM rooms

I am almost certain that the West Wing rooms only come with 1 bed, that is how small they are. So if your friends have a room (a room not a reservation) with 2 beds, it would have to be a Grand Tower room.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,639 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MGM rooms

Was it a refundable rate? Check with MGM directly to see room prices.

Portland, Oregon
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: MGM rooms

I assume $1300 is for both room & airfare? West Wing rooms aren't that great. Sure, it's a place to stay, but those rooms are super small. We stayed in one once and were awaken early our first morning to the sounds of a garbage truck in the alley.

We use miles for airfare but just booked a Grand King Room for 4 nights in October for $891 including taxes & resort fees through MGM's website. That's over a weekend and includes a $75 food/drink credit, too. Are you signed up for M Life? If not, I suggest you do that.

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MGM rooms

Right now for the 4 nights im looking for a strip view two queens is 1077. The two queen suite is 1287. This is my Mlife pricing. Seem in line or high. I appreciate the feedback.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
3,864 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MGM rooms

$212 per night is too high of a price for a West Wing room unless that is for 2 rooms. Yes the West Wing only has 1 king size bed and that awful bathroom layout. As others have said join Mlife, check www.smartervegas for discount codes and then call the hotel directly to see if you can get a lower rate and in the Grand Tower.

Good luck.

P.S. You can sign up on smartervegas to receive unpublished discount codes.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,412 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MGM rooms

Sounds high, but depends on the dates; what are the 4 nights?

Boston...
Level Contributor
25 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MGM rooms

11-15th partial weekend

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas
Level Contributor
15,412 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MGM rooms

You've got a Friday and a Saturday night, so those will be pricey.

I did a few test bookings using the codes on Smartervegas and am seeing results around what you are, including taxes and resort fees.

Reply to: MGM rooms
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted